i miss the food....

theshaw66

now that i'm back home in Canada..boy do i miss the food there in Thailand....the first thing i did when i came back was hit up a thai restaurant with a friend....i had a red curry and chicken dish...and it sucked big time in comparison to that same dish i had i Thailand 2 days before..now i cant eat thail food here cause i know the difference.....

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You poor schmuck!!! Dont we all have that problem! Except the ones married to a Thai...At May Kaidee's just behind Khao San Road you can do a half a day cooking course (vegetarian but you can do the same with meat) for a 1000 b and buy her cookbook for 350 b and you will get your fix easy!!! She is really good. Also she is a real cute tart...

I had the same issue after my first trip to Thailand for 2 months for work in 1998. I thought I liked Thai food before I traveled there the first time....and found out the stuff I had been served in USA was total crap!

I found a local night life class near where I live that offered a Thai cooking class. The woman who taught it was from Taiwain...but she did a pretty good job. Mostly, it taught me about the different flavors, herbs, etc., where to buy them, how to use them, etc.

Of course now my wife cooks Thai food for me every night :elephant:

Archived