i miss the food....

theshaw66

Buy a few cook books withy the recipies you like. I recomend "Thailand, The Beautiful cookbook" it jas good recipies, and pictires, and decent instructions. So Get that, then go buy ther ingredients. If you can;t find something, let me know, I have tons of Thai/Lao Markets here, and can ship...I get 75% off fed ex!

It is fun, and you can make the dish as you like, I have gotton pretty good. I took a class at the Thai House above Foodland, Soi 5 Sukhumvit...was o.k. but nothing to spectacular...some places like Leanring annex and Thai stores also have cooking classes, see what is available in your area...what part of Canada? Tomorrow, I am making kangt Phet Penang (Duck curry in a panang sauce) for a work party...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buy a few cook books with the recipes you like. I recomend "Thailand, The Beautiful cookbook." It has good recipes, and pictures, and decent instructions.

It's available from Amazon.com, and I can't remember ever seeing a book there before that got such consistently high ratings from customers. Usually there's always some jerk who gives something one star (because he couldn't give it less).

http://tinyurl.com/ydfc7g (hard cover version)

There are lots of other Thai cookbooks, at Amazon.com, plus some suggestions from the reviewers.

Costco and a few other places sometimes have the soft cover for $10usd...also, the recipie section on this board has tons of great recipies, and many recipies can be found on line...I love cooking, and shoping for the utensils and ingredients is 1/2 the fun...some Thai food /grocery stores, have cooking classes as well!

Frankly, if you have a basic idea of how to cook, any kind of food, have an idea what the intended dish is suposed to look and taste like, then no need for the class...I took one 3 day class at Thai House Inn on Soi 5, nicve, fun, but sort of just o.k. bordering on boring. Most of the times, they don't get into the particulars of things like how to toast rice flour, or Laard/ sticking to the basic coconut milk based curries...which are really easy...

Archived