strange observations

asialuver1

Asian tour groups have been going there for years. I saw Chinese buses 20 years ago.

There's more go gos, beer bars, bargirls and customers than ever. The whole scene ended at Road 2 Soi 2, with a small beer bar set up. Now it's everywhere.

Before there were hundreds of girls, now thousands.

The trend is more sex and sexperts every year.

Unless Rudy Julie Annie becomes the next Thai PM, I'm not losing any sleep over the future demise of the scene.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taiwanese, whatever, they were riding around, in big buses, like now.

Don't tell us the current Chinese, Korean, Indians, etc. don't go to sex shows, get sex and massages, in Pattaya, because they do. They pay 900 Baht admisson for their clubs, where they get hard core or soft core, depending. They watch whilte women and Thai guys doing it or faking it.

They have the only theatre stlye sex show seating i've ever seen in Thailand. They've got their own scene, If it weren't for the sex, most of them wouldn't be in Pattaya.

They don't just come for the speedboat rides and lunch to the islands.

In theory everything you said is 100% on target. From my experience the families with kids aren't recurring customers. They tend to go to places like Phuket, Hua Hin etc...

Whenever Pattaya auhtorities where trying to build something for the families it was motivating more single men to come. I have excellent contacts to a back office supervisor girl from Marriott, she said that they don't take joiner fees anymore because to stay competetive. Their goals was it to get more families next to the business people which holding a congress at their convention center plus the US Army customers.

They simply can't fill their rooms with families and the number is decreasing. Of course there are more family hotels like Dusit, Amari, Royal Cliff, A1 etc... but when ever one of them openend it's doors 2 more budget hotels openend up!

They try to advertise it as a family location for ages but once you have realised what the majority of the city is really about they will never return, even when the city would change it's face.

The number of beer bars is exponentially increasing, 15 new bars at soi 5 for the NorthPoint condo residents, at corner of Soi 1 was 1 beer bar 1 year ago and now there are 8. At The upcoming Event Center between soi 5 and soi 6 will be surrounded by 28 new beer bars and 1 table dance bar one soi ahead there is the completely new soi 4 complex with each 6 beer bars on 2 levels.

I was just listing 2nd road from soi 1 to soi 6 and there will be about 70 new beer bars within 2 years. That is about 1000 more girls coming to the city. If you build it they will come!

The Asian market is increasing, like you said, they will fill the rooms and they will do these guided trips, they will also go to the beer bars and gogo bars but they won't interfer with the offer of p4p joints. It is too easy to open a bar and as long the amount of bars is increasing the single men will still be the majority!

Archived