strange observations

asialuver1

That is a good point. They sure do stick together in a group. They always look like they are frightened. I guess they just want to be able to tell the folks back home what a wild place the rest of the world is. I am just offended that they treat the girls like monkeys in the zoo. Isn't it ironic that they disrespect the girls when the real punters mostly treat the girls with some dignity.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on a quick stroll around Mikes Shopp. mall i spotted more than a few stunners,also,the girls who work in the optical shops...dont they look good in their white uniforms...Yes,they could earn big money working the bars,but it is a hard life which some cant handle,,then again some probably do a bit of free-lancing on the side,or maybe waiting to catch that rich Farang or Jap.

That is a matter of your point of view and explains your former post in the other thread! For me it looks like a giant red light district because there is no other place in the world with more hookers on a similar sized areal. The neon lights and the half naked girls doesn't make it much easier to aknowledge it as a shopping street!

Walking street has more shops than bars, that is definately true, it also has more hookers than clerks and I haven't met too many people who go there for anything other than SANUK! :beer:

You could also call it Eating Street. A great place for delicious cheap food. Where can you get a kilo of charcoal roasted chestnuts for a couple of dollars? Fresh fruit, satay and all manner of falang and thai friendly food are available, cheap. You won't go hungry on Walking Street.

It's lit up like a Xmas tree. They use real neon signs, which are getting pretty rare in the states. Times Square is all lighted stretch graphics, now. I find it very cool to look around and find it to be very free form art. Better than Vegas, too.

There are very good live bands which you can watch for the price of a cheap drink. Even Thai boxing. Guys painting portraits and cartoons of people.

Some of the "hookers" are with guys having a GFE or maybe their wives.

I saw a Russian girl walking with her (boyfriend/husband?) wearing only high heels, bra and panties. Maybe she's a hooker in Moscow or a house wife just out for a good time.

If you are offended or frightened don't go back but why rabble- rouse against a place which is entertaining and people are having fun. If you want Christian entertainment go to Salt Lake City.

Most red light districts are so dangerous you need an armed guard with you or you get robbed, like Dominican Republic and Mexico and Phillipines. I've never felt safer than when I'm on Walking Street. So, by those standards, it is not a typical red light zone.

I like it just the way it is. SANUK!

Nothing wrong with what you said! I just love the food, especially the last one on the right side near soi 15(don't remember the name)

And yeah Times Square has no neon lights, not even LACE has real neon just a glowing sign.

WS has great live music indeed but who are we kidding, it is still a considered a giagantic red light district with a few regular places for tourists! It is not a regular red light district, I agree with that, i don't think it is very safe after reading the newspaper, when you are with the wrong girl you can be in trouble without a warning. Anyways, i feel safe too, especially because of the large amount of regular people.

Btw Christian Troy is a character from a TV show and has nothing to do with christianity, in case the salt lake city comment was directed to me ;)

At the most, Walking Street is 30-35% adult sex related. Mostly go go bars. There are no brothels, that I know of. Streetwalkers don't hang around there. So how could it be a red light zone?

Without the city's adult entertainment, Walking Street as well as all of Pattaya would fold. It's the icing on the cake. It's what the city was built on, from the Vietnam War days

I'm not worried about being taken advantage of by a young farm girl, with a 6th grade education, if that. You can't let your guard down with a stranger you are bringing to your home or room anyway.

As to Salt Lake City, I was being facetious.

People hammering away and moralizing all the time might contribute to make things difficult for people who enjoy Pattaya, one of the most unique places in the world.

If I don't like a place, I don't go there. Simple as that. I'm not going to post what a dangerous shithole Boca Chica is since I know guys who go there because they don't have the time or money to go to Thailand.

So it;s time to lighten up and enjoy ourselves.

Btw Christian Troy is a character from a TV show and has nothing to do with christianity, in case the salt lake city comment was directed to me ;)

Ahh The Character from Nip/Tuck

[color:blue]CT is Sean McNamara's best friend and business partner. Christian is also nearing middle age, but constantly desires to feel and appear young. He is the archetype of the tall, dark and handsome playboy. He constantly seduces and sleeps with women, only to cast them off once he's gotten the sexual satisfaction he wants from them. In Season 3, a sexual partner named Abby accused him of being a sadist after he made her put a bag over her head during sexual intercourse. Grace Santiago has also diagnosed Christian of having a sexual addiction.[/color]

Perfect name for you :p

>Without the city's adult entertainment, Walking Street as well as all of Pattaya would fold. It's the icing on the cake. It's what the city was built on, from the Vietnam War days

In all honesty, I think you are wrong, for a number of reasons.

I think Pattaya is increasingly seen as a good place to retire. There is good infrastructure (and first world quality hospitals factor very much in this for retiree's), western style stores selling western products, western food is easily available etc. Overall the infrastructure (roads etc) are reasonable and getting better. Communication etc are good as well. Pattaya and the environs are booming, certainly in the construction sector, and are predicted to continue to boom for a long time.

The make up of the tourist sector is (and will increasingly) change. The Asian market in particular will be increasingly targetted, and China in particular has AWESOME potential for thailand. Even now in Pattaya, there are two distinct "sub-groups" of tourists. The western "bar arientated" ones (whoremongers as well as young couples "living it up"), but there is also an active "mass tourism" market - largely, again, asian. These guys are getting up at 6am for their organized day trips to the islands and surrounding regions. They come back, eat as a group in the hotels etc, and barely impact upon the local environ (as you and I would see it). However, they are *money*, and big money. Family orientated holidays (parents plus kids) are also very profitable, and the increasing "entertainment" infrastructure (not adult) is a sign that this is a future target.

There certainly is some overlap (as seen by the groups going down walking street), but its seen as "spice" rather than "staple". If push comes to shove (and it may well one day), it will be the "sex industry" that loses out to the mass tourism/asian/family market. Not only wil there be greater "long term" financial benefits, there will also, be the social/political *will* to get rid of the sex scene in pattaya (and Thailand in general). It will never go entirely, but over time it will be increasingly tamed and pushed back to the edges. Largely, I beleive, that the western orientated sex industry in Thailand is just too "in your face". The "thai" orientated industry is in all probability *larger* than the western industry - but its discreet, out of sight and therefore out of mind.

Enjoy the heyday while you can, because it won't last.

-j-

Archived