Earth Shattering Documentary

Fidel

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know it isn't simply an intermingling of revulsion and pity as opposed to jealousy and hate?

Its a real American thing to assmue people are jealous of Americans rather than angry at them.

Probably has something to do with the overwhelmingly materialistic and consumerist nature of US society.

I love how jealousy and hate often intertwine.

i'm not jealous nor do i hate. if anything, like Fidel said, i feel pitty. pitty for americans being the fattest and most stupid ppl on the planet (literally). you are still the mightiest and most powerful nation, but that's soon to change and your so called democracy is soon to be replaced by fascism.

again i don't mean to be disrespectful. i am truly sorry and i hope you guys come to your senses and do everything in your power to stop that madman bush. or else you might find yourself together with the muslims in concentration camps like guantanamo bay.

"Its a real American thing to assmue people are jealous of Americans rather than angry at them."

And it's a real big thing to say that hiding being an anonymous nickname on the internet. Congrats.

Obviously. You guys are lucky that so many Americans are tolerant of the incessant bullshit that we constantly are bombarded with.

Pick another target already. Bandwagon jumping doesn't make you special or cool.

"Probably has something to do with the overwhelmingly materialistic and consumerist nature of US society. "

And what exactly is wrong with being consumerist? I'm assuming you're using that in meaning the same as a consumer advocate and not just as a repetition of materialistic to make yourself sound smart.

"stop that madman bush"

dabbish, obviously you have no clue how this country is run so you should shut your mouth and keep your thoughts to yourself. If you think "madman bush" actually makes any decisions it just shows how much propaganda you have been eating.

And it's a real big thing to say that hiding being an anonymous nickname on the internet. Congrats.

What has that got to do with anything?

Obviously. You guys are lucky that so many Americans are tolerant of the incessant bullshit that we constantly are bombarded with.

Is that a threat? It's pretty lame making threats over the internet. Anyways it's obvious that you are getting defensive. I'm not attacking you, i'm attacking your goverment.

Pick another target already. Bandwagon jumping doesn't make you special or cool.

Just because it's a norm to hate your goverment doesn't mean i'm bandwaging jumping. It's a serious problem and you are ignoring it and getting defensive about it. You should ask yourself: What can i do to help stop it?

And what exactly is wrong with being consumerist? I'm assuming you're using that in meaning the same as a consumer advocate and not just as a repetition of materialistic to make yourself sound smart.

Nothing but what i think Fidel is refering to is that the U.S consumes more energy than any other country on the planet. And you are just 400 million ppl! You use 40% of all oil and you refuse to sign the Kyoto agreement. Can you understand that that pisses ppl off?

Look i'm not gonna just sit here silent watching how we wreck the planet. And it should be a concern for you too.

dabbish, obviously you have no clue how this country is run so you should shut your mouth and keep your thoughts to yourself. If you think "madman bush" actually makes any decisions it just shows how much propaganda you have been eating.

Shut my mouth? Really, pls stop insulting me, it serves no purpose.

Yes I know George Bush is a puppet, I know he doesn't control the world. But he is the president and in theory he is the one controlling it. I'm sorry, you are right, i should have frased that differently.

And it's not a "so called democracy". We are more a republic thank you.

Try to actually learn about our government before you start to criticise it.

A republic can be a dictatorship or a democracy. So sorry my board friend but it is you that don't understand what a democracy is.

It's obvious to most ppl that the Bush-administration stole both 2000 and the 2004 elections. Because of that, and because of other reasons, i choose to call your country a "so called democracy".

Materialistic as in overly attached to and desirous of material things.

Consumerist as in consuming for consumption's sake, at an ever increasing rate.

Neither of which are good things

I know what you mean but consumption can be good too. Public hospitals and riding the public transport is consumption too. And that helps to boost the economy and makes ppl more happy. It becomes something bad when it, for example, fucks up the environment or makes ppl obese.

I.e there is good and bad consumption, IMO.

True, but visiting a hospital and riding public transport are not consumption for consumption's sake.

The problem is that we have been so wrapped up in the industrialist paradigm that we think of everything in terms of production, consumption, inputs, processes and output.

Or something like that...

>As far as I am concerned there should be no income tax. A sales tax <

a flat value added tax at port of entry or point of manufacture is the best & could be easily monitored.

how to tax the carpenter or mechanic ..?

a major problem is that a simple tax system will put many high paid tax accountants & lawyers out of work.

to much theft of sales tax at the retail level. anyone who has seen a sales clerk making change out of an open cash drawer has witnessed sales tax theft & income tax avoidance.

+

sales tax is so regressive .. poor people pay a disproportionate % of their disposable income.

taxes are necessary if we want good roads & 'honest' coppers .. good schools..

underpaid police are a major problem, poor roads are .. poor roads & uneducated kids are home schooled.

in Texas one can see when one crosses a county line as the road quality changes .. obvious when one crosses into Louisiana, I heard Hewey Long had family in the road construction biz..

Archived