pattaya

cj

Hey,

I am palnning to take a trip to Pattaya in November, dont want to stay at the Marriott, any one been recently ?

Have looked through past postings, but couldnt find useful info.

Where is a decent place to stay that are girl friendly?

Best regards

CJ

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on your budget where you want to stay?

Last 2 trips to Pattaya I have stayed at the Flipper Lodge, Always been happy with the service and the rooms. You will have no problems bringing guests back to your room aswell. Last year I paid around 1000 Baht a night, not sure what the rates are like now.

Also many bars just out front of the hotel so you dont have to go far to relax and enjoy a cold beer.

JungleBunny :beer:

I think there is a lot of useful information here!

The Marriott is the reference of the guest friendly hotels after that there is loooooooooooong time nothing that can compete with it!

Hotels I usually recommend are

Mercure, Areca Lodge, Sabai Lodge (Sabai Wing), White House Condotel (suites only).

Amari and Dusit are too far away from the action and are also not guest friendly. If you are looking for a big hotel chain, forget it, except the Mercure (accor chain) ther is nothing like that!

If money isn't the problem then you will be happy with the marriott, if you are on a decent budget take the suite at white house (3k) or the Mercure,

if your are really short on money just go to the lek hotel.

Pattaya is not BKK where you get lots of luxury for small money! Let's say that Pattaya is very practical!

And how is Lek hotel? I'm short of money :)

we always use it as a symbol of crap hotels :)

I haven't been there, my friend went there one night when we stayed at marriott and he had a lady from the marriott, he said it was clean but very simple!

A BG friend I happen to know once complained about a customer because he is always going to the Lek Hotel, she aknowledged him as a cheap charly because he is staying there. Lek Hotel is probably not a good choice, there are other budget hotels with a better reputation.

Archived