Sukhumvit After Hours... Drab..

the_numbers

To all of you street urchins crawling after 2AM :beer: besides the ever loved pavement of Sukhumvit and the rickety metal caches of tables they offer there are after hours joints.

Most are down sois in shuttered shop fronts, which you can be ushered into. In the post fashion week burn out I ducked into a few after several hours of free heinekens last evening :drunk: Boy what a let down!!! Even up to 3.30 most of them were sparsely populated. One girl who did talk to me must've been on loads of drugs and was borderline incoherent in three languages :o

The lot of them are dives, but the gold is in the searching those spots which are usually brimming with at least some really ugly broads :eek::doah:

Guess my FYI is that last night things were VERY dead for a Friday.. YMMV drastically, but first time I've checked them out in awhile.

Cheers,

theNumbers

I know several after hours places off sukhumvit or in nearby areas. But none of them are particualrly good. lets face it the good lookers were taken home a long time ago.....mostly skanks left at that time of the morning..

i know cause i banged two of them in erection fueeled drnuken rage and then sobered up just before leaving the shoort time hotel....jesus i was embarrassed. they were so ugly.....

If you're looking for quality, you've got to find it earlier, or see what you can get among the lower Suk pavement crowd before that thins out. The afterhours places are for fun or desperation - if you want places to party until 6, 7 or 10 am, there they are, and if you're desperate for a last pick-up, you'll find one. I have to say that while I'm not in Bangkok at the moment, I was there a few weeks ago and I found the quantity of after-hours places far better than it's been for several years. They're not places to go to pick up quality girls, but if you grab a few earlier in the night, they give you a selection of places to wind down your morning, or, if you've finished a short time and want some more fun, you've got a place to go.

Maybe 3:30 was too early? Lots of girls still out on the prowl on Suk at that hour, as there's lots of punters still cruising the sidewalks. In years past the key afterhours places didn't open until a couple hours after the mainstream places closed, maybe to avoid too obvious a transition.

YimSiam

after hour places are for those who can't stop drinking, but not for reasonable pickups

venues and their popularity are changing fast and i do not have time to keep myself updated. so i usually ask around if i am up to.

venues are spread around the whole city, beyond Suk there seem to be many in Silom/Suriwong and Rachada area

I am an expat mr. weird and have hit the places for years now... this is more of a recent review in context as opposed to a general revelation on after hours.

the bars some come and go, but there are about 4 around that have been going strong through most of the last 3 to 4 years. Based on last evening though generally speaking it seemed like a gimpy limping along version of after hours for a Friday :doah::dunno:

Too early perhaps... 3.30 to 4..

All the clubs kinda smell and have their own lecherous roll call, and there are plenty around Sukhumvit, couple on Phetchaburi, and even one prominent one off Rama I. Most are crawling with the same stuff you see on the street - the joy is in the ambience and booze for myself :up::)

Smell is a mix between ammonia, cheap perfume, and cat piss. Heaving crowds dancing to bad music with alot of Saengsom flowing. It is always fun to see the heavy on floor groping from the patrons.

We generally just like to continue on a bender at these clubs with friends not ready to head home at 2AM from nightclubbing. Not really a place to look for "talent". Guess I was never that into after hours talent pool.

Always a test to see if you can wake up the next day before 4PM with texts from people who you don't remember meeting :drunk::grinyes:

Cheers,

theNumbers

Yeah, same to you weird, no hard feelings :beer:

Always good to be clear about where you're coming from though, and maybe in fact the post is better knowing it is from a local checking up on old haunts than someone on holiday doing the rounds for the first time.

Some people must have some luck at these clubs. I know at one of these joints near a certain white round oblong sukhumvit nightclub a friend pulled two twins out for a night of raucous fun a few months ago :drunk: :hubba: Wouldn't take a single satang for their unbridled hedonism.

People like that make after hours worth a look once 2AM rolls around.

Cheers,

theNumbers

Archived