Woodland Resort... Ratings?

FrostFire

Hiya again all!

Yet another question in my quest for the truth!

I stumbled on this website while researching for my upcoming trip: woodland-resort.com

It looks really nice.... at least for the time I will be in Pattaya. Anyone have any info for or against it? Are there any reasons I would NOT want to stay there? (Like not being able to take LTs back there, or some such).

Also, how close is this to the main night-scene places? Walking distance? (Remember, I have no idea how large this city is... )

Thanks much!

Frosty

Even if you don't pick this particular hotel, DO pick that area. It's brilliant. Shows that you CAN actually have a really nice beach in (next to) Pattaya beach. (Not talking about Jomtien of course, I think Jomtien is very mediocre and too crowded most of the time)

I have stayed at nearby hotels, the similarly posh Aisawan hotel, and also the older motel-style and very afforsable East Sea Resort. (There's two of those, also a newer one).

It's really excellent to stay there; 10 minute baht bus or bike ride to Pattaya, and you're away from the 'scene' at a lovely beach.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Not walking distance though. Well.. some people would call it walking distance but I most certainly won't. Just getting out of that soi to the main road (Naklua Road) is a bit of a trek (10 minutes perhaps) but from there there's very frequent and very cheap baht buses).

The hotel also probably runs a minivan, not sure if they do it more frequently than Aisawan next door, but that one had too few departures to be convenient for some quality boozing.

....so... if you are in Pattaya ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY for the nightlife with ZERO intentions of setting foot or perhaps even seeing a beach, then don't stay there. If you also want to lounge at a beach 'the morning after' then it's a good choice. Also an excellent choice if you plan take the Mrs / family / moral people to Pattaya.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Is there any way to confirm this without looking like a complete idiot? (lol, not sure I want to call the hotel and ask... heh).

Frosty

I always ask if it's ok to have girl freinds over, before I make a reservation or check in. I don't care what they think. It's better to be upfront.

Firefoster!

amazing! wants to spend 5000 USD a night on booze and chicks and then asking whether this shabby hotel charges a joiner fee and whether it is in WALKING DISTANCE (if you spend so much money, they will carry you whereever you go; no need to walk!)???

book Marriott! it is in the middle of the action. reasonable priced and guestfriendly!

LOL

I said $5000 for the entire trip (2 weeks)... not per night!!! I wish I could afford that lol.

As to wanting to know if its walking distance... I was thinking about the nice walk BACK to the hotel... not necessarily the walk to the action.

Also, I have no problem with a joiner fee - none at all. My only worry is the possibility of NO company allowed... that would be a problem lol.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Frosty

there are only some highend hotels like the Royal Cliff, where it is difficult to get in chicks, as they have a strict no gues policy. i once observed there a group of dutch guys, who had to send their catches of the day unshagged back to the bar! no mercy at all!

i do not know woodland but it is unlikely that this hotel has a strict no guest policy!

there are only some highend hotels like the Royal Cliff, where it is difficult to get in chicks, as they have a strict no gues policy. i once observed there a group of dutch guys, who had to send their catches of the day unshagged back to the bar! no mercy at all!

i do not know woodland but it is unlikely that this hotel has a strict no guest policy!

Word is from the hotel that joiners of 600 Baht are charged if different girls are brought back each night.If it is the same girl, then no charges.

However in reality as we all know, up tp security and front desk staff as to whether they enforce it or not.

Tim

Archived