Interested in renting a Mobile phone

whosyourdaddy

Sure, but Panthip 4th floor, God knows what corner, is not convenient.

Speaking of God, your board name (signature) "WYD" is reminiscent of the popular American acronym "WWJD." Ever hear of that? It stands for "What would Jesus do?" Americans wear jewelry with this acronym. It is designed to cause self-reflection, and drive Yankees to behave like Jesus. Of course, whatever they feel like doing, they just project it onto their image of Jesus, and then do "what he would do." Americans are f*cked. crazy.gif" border="0

PS--where is my damn phone?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

If anyone needs a phone to rent. please e-mail me at thaimobile@zxmail.com

WYD

Also posted by WYD:

"The the user will just pay the going rate for the phone calls plus a weekly/daily charge for the phone."

Sounds interesting. I'll be in Bkk for 2 weeks in November.

The following are dumb questions, but I know very little about the mobile phone system in Bkk.

1. What is the going rate for phone calls

per minute? (Would we need to buy a

"sim card" for the phone?

2. Would there be a new phone number for

each subsequent renter? (Would the prior

users' girl friends be calling me on the

same phone number, or would MY girl

friends be calling the next renter on the

same phone number?)

Shotover

quote:

Originally posted by shotover:

Also posted by WYD:

1. What is the going rate for phone calls

per minute? (Would we need to buy a

"sim card" for the phone?

sim cards will be provided with all phone. calls cost 5 bhat per min in the local zone. There are 6 Zones in Thailand.

2. Would there be a new phone number for

each subsequent renter? (Would the prior

users' girl friends be calling me on the

same phone number, or would MY girl

friends be calling the next renter on the

same phone number?)

No unfortunately at this point in time that would be to costly. It is a good point though and if this gets up and going I may have to think about it buy new sim cards for every person but of course that would increase the costs substantually.

Email me as the time gets closer to November and hopefully all the bugs will be ironed out by then.

Shotover

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Old thread, but anything ever happen with this? I'll need 2 or 3 phones this October. I really don't want to go through the hassle of everyone having to convert their US cell phones to work in LOS. I'm sure this is a much needed/requested service, so I'm hoping someone in LOS has taken the initiative to launch this business. Thanks.

HT

Hi WYD,

Interested to know if the service is based on 1 2 Call sim card? Do the punters have to buy a new sim card with new number to rent the phone??

If not, is'nt the punter going to be getting crazy phone calls at 3 in the morning from the previous punters drunken bargirls?!?!

Without periodically 'cleansing' the numbers, much to the irritation of your clients and their tii-raks, I could see the following happening, a lot....

2.58 am RING RING "What you do? I come your loom now"

3.07 am RING RING "You no play game me, why you no wan' see me? Why you no hap-pee hear me?"

3.36 am RING RING "I no undersertan', you not Chris chai mai??"

4.03 am RING RING "Where Chris go? you fe'lend Chris chai mai....??"

AARRRRGGHHHHH!!

Don't mean to be negative or anything, renting phones is a great idea, but using numbers out that are 2nd hand, which some bargirls may erroneously think are their tiiraks numbers, is going to be a serious comedy of errors!!

Chok Dee na!! smile.gif

Archived