Interested in renting a Mobile phone

whosyourdaddy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

I am looking for some feedback from board members. I have a couple of extra mobiles around and am thinking about starting a little business of renting phones out to tourists in the area who want to keep in touch with loved ones and new Thai friends. They will be one-2 -call phones so no outgoing international calls. The the user will just pay the going rate for the phone calls plus a weekly/daily charge for the phone. Just wondering what people though.. What would be a fair weekly rate for the phone. deposit? etc.. thanks for your ideas.

WYD
wink.gif" border="0

I think there is a lucrative market for renting out mobilephones:

I can use my own mobilephone in LOS but since the connection works via a provider in my own country I have to pay 90 baht for every minute.

I think that renting out used mobilephones( it doesn't have to be expensive models;being able to communicate is all a shorttime visitor needs) could be a good business, the more when you do it at competative prices.

If the price is good,I'm interested when I come back to LOS for my next trip.

Regards,

2lucky1

quote:

Originally posted by Stickman:

"1500-2000 bhat will buy you a shit mobile".

Hehehe, so how would you sescribe the mobile that you plan to rent out?!?!?!

Seimens 28/Nokia 3310 phone-Will be a shit phone in about 8 months time, when the new Finnish models arrive.. So rent it while it is hot.

How is that for marketing..

hehe

Good idea, but do you have a work permit? You don't want to get run out of town for trying to turn a few bucks.The only downside I can see is that our great and glorious leader Thaksin will soon realise there is money to be made in letting tourists use their foreign mobiles, he will sell a 1 2 Call card that is a set of numbers that will allow any phone to use it. You read it here first!

Originally posted by Blackie:

"And if Orange UK start up here at the end of the year, expect to see BIG changes at AIS and the other mob..."

One of the changes will hopefully be that WAP services will be made available with One-2-Call. In India, I use an Orange pre-paid SIM card service and it offers WAP, E-mail, the whole lot. If they do in in Thailand, too, the other companies will have to follow suit.

I am sure I can provide a better service and be more efficient at a better price than AIS does.

Put a little farang brain power behind it and everyone can..

AIS is a rip off. Unreal prices. Seems they dont want business. I will take it.

Thanks for the concern. I have been through the figures and know it will succeed. Maybe a few clitches but we can do it

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

I was thinking more of the line 1000 per week plus drop off and pick up charges plus about 6500 in deposit..

Not bloody 30000 are they crazy?

If AIS charges 30.000 bath deposit and 1750 for one week rental, why charge only 6500 deposit and 1000 a week? You're going into all kind of risks, hassle and more and must rent out a considerable amount of phones to make de decent living. Want to rent a drop off booth at the airport? Will costs you big time... Delivery service?... Seeing the delivery boy running of with the farangs mobile already... Repairs? Replacement ("Mr wyd, i'm now at a payphone 135 km north of Nakon Sawan and your phone is not working/stolen/lost/other hazards can you deliver me another one, like AIS would do?")

It will be entertaining, keeps you busy, but a business???

whosyourdaddy,

Let's cut the crap. This is a great business plan! I'll personally send you two customers in December. Go for it! Hopefully, Khun Sanuk will be cool and let you make some subtle plugs on the posting board.

This is a good price, and you will be able to build up a lot of customers. Phones are great for calling your buddy, yesterday's BG, a travel agent, the airlines, or your rent-a-driver... Thai coin phones suck.

By the way, there also seems to be pent up demand for digital camera memory downloading* services. Do you have a PC with a CD burner and an open USB plug-in? (*onto a CD) smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

whosyourdaddy,

By the way, there also seems to be pent up demand for digital camera memory downloading* services. Do you have a PC with a CD burner and an open USB plug-in? (*onto a CD)
smile.gif" border="0

As a matter of fact... Yes.. but There is a place in Pantip 4th floor at the top of the escalators . Something somthing kodak store. They also do it at a very reasonable price

Archived