Russian tourists?

hawaiijohn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of russians in Pattaya, I've read that they're now 300,000 a year - a shared first place with the british. They usually stay in hotels in Naklua, but now also many russian expats - they have bought a lot of condos in Jomtien. It's family tourism, you almost never see single men, just couples with much money. Else menus now with russian texts, waitresses now speaking a few words in russian also, russian local newspaper, special real estate agents for russians just thai/russian speaking, a russian gogo with russian girls, russian beerbars...

And they don't speak english (or maybe don't want), even heard a bahtbus driver answering in russian! :cool:

Don't see that many in BKK, well i haven't and i'm out and about a lot..just the occasional small groups in the sanuck zones..see more in Siam Parragon/Emporium, which always amuses me...come to a tropical country and stay in shopping malls you can find anywhere else in the world and pay the same prices....what a good idea! Why not just stay at home and get a sun lamp...jeez!

Last year Thailand signed a diplomatic agreement with Russia giving Russian tourists the same 30 day entry stamp that most western nations get. Thai Airways got some new routes and landing rights in several Russian cities and more Russian airlines got landing rights in Thailand.

Do not see many in bangkok, saw too many in pattaya.

I especially dislike russian tourists more than any other kind as they are still as racist in a foreign country as they are in their own one........

(and impolite etc...)

I couldnt say that the most arabs behaving very well but in both cases they have a very rough language when you dont understand them, even when they say to you "you are such a lovely person and you smell better than 100 roses" it would sound like "you motherf*cking C*nt, get out of the baht bus or I will chop of your head"

Archived