is vista at panthip yet?

texascity

Microsoft Vista cracked

DESPITE Microsoft's anti-piracy measures, cracked copies of its Vista operating system are already available on torrent sites

cracked version is called VistaBillGates and comes with a product key, and an "activation crack" that bypasses Vole's activation process.

Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise Edition has also been cracked

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35773

i read it requires minimum 1 gig of ram & 2 gig for optimization

& to be fully utilized requires a new video card that uses DX10 which is just now being released.

will be almost impossible to upgrade a 1 year old computer w/o major hardware upgrade.

re office 10: what can office 10 do (for me) that word perfect for windows 3.1 (or even WP for dos if you knew the commands) could not do?

Lotus Ami Pro for Win 3.1 was the word processor I used best .. was taking a college class that required several 'reports' each week .. turned out some A+ projects w/ my old B/W HP deskjet 500..

ami pro was my fav word processor & that DJ 500 my favorite printer.

taking college classes in my late 40s was fun!

for my next new box I'm looking at a mini mac w/ simultaneous windows .. about 35k - 40k Thb dressed out.

oh, & f' bill gates

"re office 10: what can office 10 do (for me) that word perfect for windows 3.1 (or even WP for dos if you knew the commands) could not do?"

Office 10 was 2000 wasn't it? 11 is 2003 so...12? Dunno...

Anyway - "Read other people's documents", in aswer to your question! :)

The new word format is compressed XML, meaning no more zipping word docs before emailing them.. See for yourself with a new .docx file... rename the extension to .zip and double click it. (If you're a geek.)

Vista works quite well on the test IBM T41 laptop I've got at the office.. though as a beta release it took way too long to install!

None of the 'fancy' graphics work, but so what... Windows isn't really about the 'windows' :)

>Anyway - "Read other people's documents", in aswer to your question!

The new word format is compressed XML<

& why does one need XML to read other's docs.. ??

I guess 'corporate types' need such. ..obviously I'm not corporate / geek enough ..

how do I open a XML file?

Word 2k does not list such a file nor does Front Page 2002 or Word Perfect 10

.htm, .rtm &.txt do not require an upgrade & Word 2k saves / opens those formats ..

as doee FP & WP.

oh, XML is a reason to require upgrade ..

MS FORCED me to upgrade to word 2k because my laptop's ME 'clip board' didn't like Word '97's .docs.

& another this reason to avoid Vista!

dual boot Macs cannot use Vista.

just did a .doc search on my HD .. .

.docs that I actually composed & under 3 single spaced pages were in the 30k range..

most of MY creations were under 20k .. all were over 10k.

1 10 page doc w/ tables & lotsa formatting was 120k.

most of my 'copy & paste' .docs, = plagiarized from the internet, were in the 70k range.

IMHO files under 100k would never need compression.

one .doc file was 21,247,488 .. 1 page w/ only 4 JPGs ..?? obviously I did something stupid ..!!

Freebe Open Office uses .rtm .. the 'java based OO' mostly sucks, IMHO.

Archived