Thai GoGos in Suttisan

preahko

I know others have been there but last night was the first time for me. I was taken there by a girl of mine from Pattaya who was passing through town on her way to visit home, she used to dance at one of the bars.

I have to say overall I was not impressed. (though I only went into two bars)

The places are huge, cavernous affairs with fake leather couches on either side of formica tables, typical older thai "coffee shop" setup. the first one--sorry, I didn't catch any names of bars!--had a gogo stage set up on the side, not that conducive to viewing (you have to turn your head to the side to see the girls, no matter where you're sitting.

tons of girls work there, only 3-4 girls on stage at a time (in bikinis and sometimes lingerie), they dance for 5 songs at a time and then rotate, most of them doing the same bored-looking cowboy/nana shuffle that passes for dancing. male servers. the customers were all thai and chinese guys (mostly thai), and I should point out that never did I feel an unwarranted amount of stares or unwelcome or threatened at all.

we had a steady stream of girls come to our table throughout the night, since my girl still had tons of friends there though she hasn't worked there for a while. we got a large bottle of sang som and soda mixer; trouble was nobody would drink with us!! I made the mistake of insisting on sang som over my girl's initial suggestion of 100 pipers, which I abhore...apparently the girls believe that the 100 pipers has a lower alcohol content (does it?) so they prefer it when they have to drink all night.

I have to say it was a pretty good value, 530 for the bottle and mixers, and between the two of us over about 2 hours we only managed to drain about a third of it. in theory we could have kept a table full of dancers in drinks for hours with that 530...compare *that* to the "lady drink" scam in nana or cowboy!! my girl did tell me that once a girl goes to sit with a customer, she tends to stay with him and "take care of him" (keep him company, refresh his drink, put her hand on his leg) the entire night...similar to the old-fashioned "night clubs" I've been to in Laos. there is a charge by the hour for a girl sitting with you that way, but it's pretty minimal...something like 70 baht an hour. and she'll just drink whatever you're drinking, so no need to buy separate drinks for the girls.

at midnight they have a "special show," which is pretty much the lamest of the upstairs nana shows done *with little mesh miniskirts on*, they're not even naked!! apparently, they used to take everything off but the cops cracked down...

they do the usual, pull razor blades out of their snatches, crack eggs in there, yaaaaaawn. then the big finale is the "lesbian show," which is incredibly fake, they keep the lights completely off so there's no way you can tell if mouth is really on crotch, boob, etc. (let's guess...!!) oh yeah, and they both have bikinis on the whole time.

the girls are cute, no doubt about it...and all sizes, tall, short, you name it...a few heavy ones but not many. overall I'd say the average girl in there is equal to what passes for a "stunner" in the farang clubs. and they're all around mid-20s, some maybe a bit younger.

take out for thais is 1,200 (short time of course), that includes what would be the "bar fine" and the girl's body price. that entire amount is paid to the bar and the girl gets 800 of it. take out for farangs is 1,500, same deal.

we went into another club, an even huger and more open one with several gogo stages (including chairs right at the edge of one of them). my girl said it was owned by a cop and that a large majority of the customers were cops; it sure looked that way! the girls in there could dance a little better. they also make eye contact with customers while dancing, something that didn't happen in the other bar. a large singha in there, which we split, was 135 baht. (120 for the beer and 15 for the bucket of ice!!)

most clubs close at 2 am, the cop-owned place closes at 3. oh, typical thai noshing food is available in all bars of course, thais never drink without eating (or the option of eating), one of the smarter things they do!

all in all an interesting experience but not particular exciting, I think the overall setup of the farang-oriented gogos is much more suited to what the average farang is looking for, the Suttisan clubs really cater to thai ways of doing things. overall I'd have to say they left me a bit bored, though maybe if I had ordered the right type of whiskey we would have had more of a party scene at our table, haha...

oh, keep in mind too that I speak thai, lao and khmer (though I only met one khmer girl in one of the bars); all my girl's friends spoke lao (and of course thai). if you speak only english you could probably do okay in there, but your experience will be much better if you speak thai or go with someone who speaks thai well.

to get there, just tell any taxi driver "suttisan bars," or take the skytrain to saphan khwai and walk east about ten minutes, you can't miss it. the bars tend to open at 8 but don't even think about going before 10-10:30.

preahko

I went in to check some of the bars before. Actually most bars are more inside the deep soi. These bars are generally so dark and hardly can see the girls cute or not. Very boring dancing. And some shops very few girls. The price for the lady is not much cheaper than foriegn areas, its 1500 all included plus ST hotel fee which is about 500 bahts or so in the Suthissan, so it would come to 2000 over if include drinks.

I personally do not see any level difference between forang bars and these places. Most of them are just normal looking girls. The gem is still rare everywhere.

Anyone has any good experiences in any particular one?? There are at least 10 shops inside the deep soi. Only went to about 3 or 4, but could not find anyone that makes me horny.

• 3 months later...

Archived