Nonsense on this forum

buffalo_bill

This is to remind you lads again that other than in a newspaper any kind of junk stands for itself once published on the internet and you have nobody to call or sue. There have been some cases recently , here is another one where by obvious " mistakes " and a colourful story you are being told to believe something which as a consequence damages somebody's image , possibly without any reason . The accused party involved is not present on this forum and cannot defend itself. As an example I refer to thread THAI AIRWAYS BOARD RESIGNS , post by UPSer on September 10th. UPSer's intention is to prove his opinion that Thai Air provides low quality tecnical service.

Quote UPS-er : "I went out and found him beside one of TG's B747/400. This is the exact same B747 the we all fly .."

Reality : Thai does not operate any 747/400 cargo. Neither now nor last year, when UPSer claims to have seen the plane. Thai operates not a single any-type 747 cargo. Thai did operate a 747/200 before but the leasing contract ended exactly on Sept 30th 1999. In case UPSer wishes to adjust his story from " having seen last year " to " might have been earlier " , I would answer that even a blind cargoman can still distinguish a /200 from a/400. In particular if you stare at engine #1 where you are close to the wingtips which only a /400 has. Neither does UPS operate a single 747/400 , which UPSer is not aware of as it looks.

Quote UPSer : " Flight engineer reported poor engine performance and inability to control thrust and throttle."

Reality 1: Boeing 747/400 do not have flight engineers, they went with /300-types.

Reality 2: He must have come across these failures in flight, when else. This kind of thing to happen leads to an immediate full stop of all further activities on the ground til everything is back to normal. There is NO WAY of 6 illiterates to assemble round the turbine with a manual and start discussions.

And there is NO WAY that only " 20 minutes " before take-off somebody starts to deal with such a severe malfunction and give up pre-flight repairs because they do not find the broken thing and it is " lunchtime " anyway.

UPSer : what you are saying here is that Thai service personnel easily risks a plane just because no conclusion can be found about a whole turbine-breakdown.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY for anything like this to happen.

Finally : this one and only 747/200 (!) -cargo which Thai ever had and could have been observed by UPS-er has been on so-called wet-lease. Meaning somebody leases the plane including flight crew and all handling. Customer pays per hour/mile or whatever. Everything else up to aircraft-operator. which in that case was ATLAS -air , United States of America.They were lessor to Thai, plane showed Thai-logo. It is therefore, dear UPSer, that in the unlikely event that this story IS true, it is your duty as an aircargo-pro to report all this today to the FAA with the request to immediately cease all Atlas-operations.

*** Essence : be critical, do not think something does not work just because it is " T I T ", defend the defenseless , share your phantasies with us but do not publish them for real.

PS : I am not connected to Thai Air in any way, I am just upset.

cheers

Further comments on Thai see proper thread

good stuff...too much hookum from stolen kidneys (If it takes 8 years of training to put them in why do you think some punk with no high school can rip them out?), to missing airplanes gets posted and unchallenged.

There's a lot of good stuff here, but you have to read it all critically not as the gospel.

The forum's name is nanaplaza.com, and is presumably intended to be a good source of information on that particular topic, but I certainly would not view this forum as a reliable source of information on anything else. And I am sure some would claim that it falls short of providing reliable information on NEP.

I recall a few months back someone posted a serious question on Thai property law, and somone responded by suggesting that the best source of information was some bar owner up in Nong Khai. Bar stool pundits may be a great source of information on the latest bar happenings, but only a fool would consider them a reliable source of information on anything else.

william,

if you say : To my opinion THAI SUCKS " , then this is ok because you express an opinion. But if you then explain that you base your opinion on a fire in the toilet between BKK and Phuket on a Thai 737 and nobody did care because it was lunchtime, then you have to think twice what you do.

if somebody tells about this stolen kidney thing in Pattaya, who cares. just nonsense or what, nobody hurt.

cheers

this cost my all afternoon already, i hope they grant me some extra miles

cheers

Originally posted by BkkShaggy:

"I'll always fly Thai. I like their service. They have the cutiest air crew on earth, don't you think?"

Naaaah ... that honour goes to Aeroflot!!!! Butch, hunky matushkas with potato-fed big butts! laugh.gif" border="0

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

"Sorry guys, you're both wrong. Singapore Air hands down."

Of course, my mentioning of Aeroflot was slightly ironic; as I said in another thread, SQ are my favourite airline. But as for their hostesses' looks, you may often be disappointed when you seen them in their normal clothes and without that clever make-up (as far as I know, they go through special make-up courses). You might in fact not even recognize them, which happened to me on one or two occasions. In their slinky outfits they also tend to look much taller than they are; on top, you sit in your seat, so everybody appears deceptively taller anyhow.

The prettiest SQ hostesses that I've seen are the Indian girls they employ on their flights to the Subcontinent - absolute stunners! They're "real" Indians, not Singaporean-born Indians. Most are from Delhi, but I've also met some from Bombay, Lucknow and a few other places. Yep, I've done my research!

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

quote:

Originally posted by buffalo_bill:

william,

if you say : To my opinion THAI SUCKS " , then this is ok because you express an opinion. But if you then explain that you base your opinion on a fire in the toilet between BKK and Phuket on a Thai 737 and nobody did care because it was lunchtime, then you have to think twice what you do.

if somebody tells about this stolen kidney thing in Pattaya, who cares. just nonsense or what, nobody hurt.

cheers

this cost my all afternoon already, i hope they grant me some extra miles

cheers

BB,

Actually, I was agreeing with you, namely, there is a great deal of nonsense on the board, which is precisely why it is unreliable, particularly on posts that stray off the main topic of this board.

Archived