Bringing an unlocked cell phone to Thailand vs a calling card ............

whcouncill

Except! For the use of !!! His English is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cover:

:drunk: that is probably closer to the truth!

I lived in New York for not even a year and 2 months I was in Florida. I might have picked up some words but I surely don't know how to use them!

Livestock, that is truely the nicest compliment about my english skills one ever made but I am afraid you won't be able to keep that alive for too long, my english sucks and I gave up my hopes that I will be ever able to get better!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring your unlocked phone. Sims cost 299 baht or less, and you will figure out how to stack up credits on your phone so as not to lose your number as long as you don't want to. In addition, can call long distance (8 baht per minute using 008 or 009 and then country code number). Even cheaper is buying phonenet card and calling from your own mobile (phonenet to USA is now about 4.5 baht/minute) and it does not affect the accumulated phone time as it goes to a no-charge (Thai) 800 number. Very handy, then when you go back home, just pop in your own SIM. Save your telephone numbers on the phone, not the SIM and you can keep your full directory. A pain however when you change phones. Buy a new phone in Thailand that will work in your country (USA or in Europe, whatever)instead of the limited selections that the USA Companies have to offer. Then you also don't have to play the locked/unlocked phone game with the providers.

Archived