She passed the driving test!!

Bkkbound04

MY GTG just called to let me know she passed her thai driving test.A month ago she could'nt drive the golf buggy at Muang Boran, she just has no co-ordination!She had 10 hrs of driving lessons over the past 2 weeks,today took a test. Apparantly there was a 'committee' watching her drive forward, back, turn right and left on a special test centre road. She now has a licence that lets her loose on the roads!! Some bright spark told her she can apply for an international driving license so that she can drive in London!!

TIT.

JP

My wife passed the test in flying colors as well. Cost 600 baht. Of course she didn`t know which part of the car was supposed to point forward, but was left loose nevertheless. Okay, that was in `96.

Your wife should be able to drive in london while she is there as a tourist - if the rules are anywhere like ours - but after that she will need to pass a local driving test.

A thai driving test doesn`t exactly impress the authorities outside of Asia, I`ll be damned if I know why :)

cheers

hn

My Mrs got her driving licence before she knew how to drive. Hadn't even bought a car yet. But what the hell, she's a civil servant ... so the police issued her a licence.

Pissed me off that I had been driving for years, but I had to take the effing written and driving test!

Can't remember how many times I've seen Thais handed a licence without having to take the test.

:banghead:

Archived