Thai Airport Tourists Trapped in Lift

preahko

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93895

Airport lift traps tourists

SUVARNABHUMI: -- It took 40 minutes for staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport to rescue five people, including two foreign tourists, from a malfunctioning elevator yesterday.

Sasaphak Mangmool, a tour guide, said two airport staff finally arrived after she kept pressing an emergency button inside the glass elevator for 15 minutes.

"They stood and watched but did nothing to help. Five or six security guards showed up after quite a while, but none of them did anything to help us," she said.

She said some of them kept looking inside and smiling the whole time, for reasons she did not know.

She said she and the others trapped with her had to put their noses up to the overhead fan inside the elevator to get some air, because the temperature rose uncomfortably. After 40 minutes, two maintenance workers arrived and opened the elevator doors.

Sasaphak said her two foreign clients, a honeymoon couple, complained to her about the staff's unprofessional manner in handling such an emergency. She demanded to see the supervisor, or anyone else of higher authority on duty, but nobody appeared.

"No apologies or anything were offered to us for the delay," she said.

An official told her the elevator frequently stopped working, making her wonder why it was not shut down for full maintenance.

--The Nation 2006-11-23

i read this .. its a disgrace and to take 40 mins while the poor folk were in the lift..further morte this is NOT the first time its happened.can u imagine inthe peak season!!.. is it best to go to the departures to get a taxi ?? NOT arrivals ...ps prekho you need help mate..it is a serious matter mate

I can see the security guys standing there grinning. I know that grin exactly. Never understood what it means though.

:yeahthat:

I've seen it too. I think it means: "You're in a bit of a situation, old boy, that we have no idea how to fix. So we'll just stand here grinning inanely while you're in your predicament until someone comes along who DOES know what to do and so we don't all lose face... we know we're supposed to be here because we're told its part of our jobs, but we're not sure exactly what to do WHEN we get here..."

They're "security guards" so they know they have to attend a serious situation, but they have no idea why.

It's the same reason girls in gogos where sexy boots / high heels shoes... not because they think it's sexy and understand that guys think it's sexy but: BECAUSE THE BOSS TELLS ME TO.

Same mindset, different scenario.

Robots.

Another example of great Thai hospitlity but when the rubber meets the road, no clue about good service especially in situations when a problem arises and how to respond accurately, timely, competently and professional...

There is such a great training need for emergency situations, conflict resolutions, unplanned events, or when things just go wrong...

Other than these daily issues, LOS is great...

Archived