Show Poll!!

Savittre

Hi Gents,

I just wonder what you guys think about the shows that go on in Patpong, Cowboy, Clinton, etc. There is a variety of them, so I'll briefly explain: I remember seeing a 'Pussy Razorblade' show, upstairs on Patpong. Not my idea to go there, my x-wife's idea, my x-wife, IMO, being a bit sick in the head, and somewhat sadistic to boot. But I had to look at the 'show girl's' face after she had pulled this thread with 6 double-edged razor blades out of her pussy, and what I saw on her face was 'Why would anyone want to see me do something like this?' Now, maybe I was just reading what I wanted to read off of her face, but that was exactly how I felt, too. These are sweet girls, and I think (hope) that 99.9% of us very much appreciate their company, which is so superior, IMO, to that provided by the Caucasian.

That said, does anyone out there enjoy seeing a Thai girl pull razor blades out of her twat? Or do any other kind of show that, generally speaking, the majority of us would consider degrading to the lady?

Of course, the reason these shows exist is, it's considered good for business. But if these shows turn people off, as they do to me, that's bad business, yet these great variety of degrading shows persist crazy.gif" border="0

On the other hand, I've seen shows at the Long Gun which were not, IMO, degrading, but were quite acrobatic in nature. Those of you who've been will know, I think, what I mean. For example, I saw a lady gripping 2 poles and walking on the ceiling, and similar. Damn talented, and most impressive to watch!!

I just want to know what you guys think about what I've said, and the shows themselves. Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Savittre:

That said, does anyone out there enjoy seeing a Thai girl pull razor blades out of her twat? Or do any other kind of show that, generally speaking, the majority of us would consider degrading to the lady?

Of course, the reason these shows exist is, it's considered good for business. But if these shows turn people off, as they do to me, that's bad business, yet these great variety of degrading shows persist
crazy.gif" border="0

On the other hand, I've seen shows at the Long Gun which were not, IMO, degrading, but were quite acrobatic in nature. Those of you who've been will know, I think, what I mean. For example, I saw a lady gripping 2 poles and walking on the ceiling, and similar. Damn talented, and most impressive to watch!!

I just want to know what you guys think about what I've said, and the shows themselves.
Thanks!

Good post Savittre and some interesting questions.

I think the shows of the former type you mentioned (pussy smoking cigarette, razor blades, balloon shooting, and the like) are more for the first time tourists. I avoid these shows as much as possible. However, when I have visitors in town, which is often, that is the first thing they want to see. This includes the visiting women by the way who seem to just stare with total interest as the lady drops eggs into a glass. Go figure.

I am equally put off by the Beer-Lesbian-Shower-Dildo shows you see often in NEP. One of the performers is a good friend of mine. She hates doing the shows and feels customers will never barfine her after they see her do a show. She has a point there, as I never would. Anyway, I have seen the mamasan tell this lady she MUST do the show. This changes her whole mood. She told me if she doesn't do the show, she will be fired. Yes, she does make a little more salary because she does the shows, but she would rather not do them.

Finally, I agree with you on the Long Gun shows. Yes, they also have some of the shows with the pussy horn toot tooting, etc. However, they also have some numbers when the dancers get on stage and strip dance or something like that. And, the aacrobatics can be amazing to watch as you mentioned. I still enjoy those shows and wish NEP would try them.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Sarisin ]

The places must show something to break up the monotony of girls just standing there jiggling their knees, while holding onto a pole. I don't care what it is. Ballet? Boxing? Squirting beer out of their arses onto tourists? Anything. Some of the girls probably have hidden talents--music or something. I'd prefer to see that, over razor blades. That is why I sometimes like the expensive places like Mirage. smile.gif" border="0

I think the bizarre pussy shows are sort of a rite of passage for the tourist or first timer and to a large extent something that Bangkok is know for. Therefore, it winds up on many people's list of things to do in Bangkok.

The first time I saw a sex show I was interested to see what was going to happen next. It was so bizzare! After that it immediately became "old hat" and I felt uncomfortable with the "degradation factor", something I never really thought of the first time around, guess I was totally focused on the "action".

The "fashion show" at Long Gun is so much more pleasant and enjoyable.

CondomKing--

I agree with you... I think that a large # of these "shows" are more for 'shock value' and the first-time tourist than anyone else..

For me personally (and I'm only speaking for me) I don't find anything sexy about these shows.. It kind of turns me off..

I like a good pole dance or similar.. Something that is suggestive.. leaves a little to the imagination...

Just my 2 sataangs worth..

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

UPSer - you were speaking for me too. I don't find the 'pussy does this - pussy does that' shows a turn on at all. If the girls are nice then it is worth watching but rarely a turn-on. A sexy show would do much more to turn me on and I would be inclined to return to it.

Incidently, my dad is arriving soon and I want to take him to a show or two (of the sexy variety) as I know he would appreciate this. Preferably places without much pressure to buy girls out as this may be too much for his dodgy ticker. Any suggestions ??? - he will be about for either a friday or saturday night.

Found this on soc.cult.thai about sexshows and student sex!!!

"Thailand's Interior Minister has met university officials to stop students having sex in lifts and toilets."

"The move is part of an ongoing morality campaign, in which the minister says he wants to crackdown on Bangkok's infamous sex shows,

which attract huge numbers of foreign tourists."

"Infamous sex shows"????

"having sex in lifts and toilets." Thais students must be reallay fast to have sex between two floors in an elevator, unless they push the stop button.... Toilets are not the niciest place neither to have a shot, but I guess students don't have the baht to pay for a short time room?

Hi there, SUPPOSE,

I'd suggest taking your Dad to the Long Gun. I'm no expert, but I think it'd probably be your best bet to see a talented show, as opposed to a degrading one. I've never heard anyone criticize Long Gun, anyway!

It's been damn interesting to read the responses to this post. It all comes across far more unanimously than I was expecting- I guess I thought I'd get flamed for moralising or whatever.

Newcomers to LOS are probably more conscious of being in an exotic locale, so don't think, at first anyway, of the perspective we are coming from in this post.

Perhaps to the bar owners, the shows are so ingrained that they don't even think if the shows are appreciated or not. Maybe they think the shows are necessary in terms of business competition.

I did appreciate that at Patpong, in my experience, the shows were upstairs, and therefore easily avoided. It was really unpleasant for me to find Go-Go's on Clinton and Cowboy doing them!

BTW, http://www.angelfire.com/super/sanukmaps/ has maps of Sukumvit area, NEP, Washington Square, and it also lists Cowboy's bars according to which do/don't have shows, among other criteria.

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Savittre ]

Archived