20,000bht permanent barfine?

Lusty

Saw this displayed on the price list in Kittens Club.Sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

What exactly is a "permanant BF"?Their not indentured and can leave anytime they want?What if you pay this,what do you get out of it?

Sounds like another scam for the unwary buffalo!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absoultely Lusty.

Just another scam.

It's supposed to be for when you want to take a girl out of the bar permanently.

How are they going to force you to pay it? What are they going to do if the girl goes for a LT and simply never comes back?

I wouldn't be surprised if its a scam involving the girls too - i.e. half for the bar, half for the girls.

Just another way to get their paws on your hard-earned baht IMO.

It's sounds like it's copied from the system in Angeles City where it's called 'steady girlfriend' barfine. It allows you to take the girl from the bar at any time with out further payment to the bar. I paid US$400 to a bar owner, of which he gave the girl more than half, and it worked well for about three years when I was in the country probably half the time. When I was away she went back to the bar with my blessing, I worked on the principal of 'what you don't know, don't hurt you' and found the system convenient and cost effective.

Sure the girls clear off some times or break up if something better comes along. No, I never heard of anyone getting his money back, just saying it worked for me.

If you wanted the girl to leave the bar and live with you permantly or give the game away and could persuade her to do that it usually wasn't paid but if she kept going back to the bar and leaving again with out a barfine she'd be fired. A big deal in Angeles where the bar a girl works is usually full of sisters, cousins and school mates from the same village in Samor or Lleyte.

Now you tell me !!!!

Why the fuck didn't "someone" tell me BEFORE I paid??????

I thought I was getting a good deal...especially now that BF's are going up to 800 Bt....it's only 25 BF's, so I figured I was gunna be a mile in front.

Even got a couple of special clauses added to my contract with the Bar.....tried for a 12 months warranty, but they wouldn't come at it...BUT they did give me a 6 months Free replacement option and that only cost me another 7500 Bt....I figured this was a great deal, as I could burn off at least the equivilant of at least 80 BF's in the first 5 months and 30 days...then go back and trade up to a newer model with less miles on the clock....

So, let me get this straight. Are you trying to tell me that I've been scammed???

I just can't believe it, especially after taking lessons from some of the "masters" around here.

Sheeesss, they really fooled me with this one.

bloody scam! Who pays it is stupid! A girl is an employee and not a prisoner. I don't know why farangs pay this fine all the time. My theory of leaving their brains at the customs might be the closest to the truth!

Fact is that the most girls loan money from the bar. Advance salaries or getting full salary but not making the drink quotas.... the bar owners havent invented this, it was the Mamasans. I was once asked for 5000 baht for my BeerBar ExGF and my girl told me "No not pay she, it not real" Told the Mamasan to stop pissing me off or I bring my money to another bar, I told her if she looses me as a customer the loss is bigger!

Many girls presure their new Farang "i have loaned money, have to pay back, but cannot pay when no work" That works 99% of the times, I wanna see the guy who declines when is freshly in love, his heart is glowing... how can he say NO when his lovely, vulnerable girl is in trouble?

Other Mamasans will tell you it is a gesture of respect because you pull out a good cash cow from the bar etc.. yada yada yada

I know the most people pay it and they all know they just got scammed, they just dont wanna start their relationship with a drama

I've heard of 10,000, but 20,000 seems a lot.

I understand that this works two ways.

1. If you're barfining a girl every night for a month, or more than 20 times, the 10,000 Baht buyout means that you never have to pay another barfine for the same girl. You can take her out whenever you want. So it could save you money.

2. One bar-owner I know operates a policy whereby if a girl is 'bought out' by a customer who wants to live with the girl, but the relationship fails -not terribly uncommon :) - then the girl is guaranteed her old job back at any time. So the girl sees it almost as an insurance policy.

It makes sense really.

Some girls are only making a basic salary of only around 5,000 to 6,000 Baht.

If a customer wanted to take a girl away for a week, he should pay a barfine for every day - around 3,500 Baht. But the girl still gets her salary, even though she hasn't worked for a week, and her pay wouldn't be cut.

But a smart customer might say to the girl - "Just skip work for the week. Okay, your salary will get cut, but you'll make more money from me than from your salary."

If girls could just skip work for weeks and then expect to be able to turn up at work again, they would do this all the time, and it would be chaos for the bar managers, with girls starting work, not turning up, disappearing for weeks etc.

Bars make money from bar-fines, and they want to make sure bar-fines get paid. I'm told that the target for most bars is for the total wages expenditure to equal the income from bar-fines.

So, bars have these rules.

One bar I know will fire a girl who is caught avoiding a bar-fine by meeting a customer after the bar has closed. It will also not take a girl back if she left the bar to live with a customer without being bought out.

But the same bar-owner will often not fine girls who are off because they are sick, and if girls want to skip for a month to go back home and visit family, can do so and still return - no buy-out.

Archived