Bought Software at Pantip - No Password!

Orangutan

Over the last few years I have bought about ten software applications at Pantip. I have never had any problem with installing them, and have never been asked for a UN and PW.

Today I purchased Quicken 2006 for my new MacBook. I tried installing it, but am being asked for a Name, and password. Appearing in the Name window is Stef & Hui, the password window is blank. I type something into the PW window and get: "Sorry, you entered an invalid username or password". I have also tried another name, with an arbitrary password and get the same "Sorry" message.

Anybody have the fix, or do I have to go back to Pantip tomorrow?

Thanks in advance,

-OT

Err...not having much luck with locating a crack code. Listed on Google, but they lead to confusing sites. A friend told me to try to find the Quicken app. on Limewire. I might just buy a legal download from Quicken.com. Important to me, as I upgrade my financial accounts to my new MacBook.

Computer illiterate,

-OT

Got in! Emailed the guy I bought the MacBook from because I tried to update the MS Office he gave me. When I tried to update I was prompted for a UN and PW. There was already a UN in the box, but no PW. Same thing happen when I went to install Quicken. He sent me the UN, the one already appearing in Office, and also showing up in the Quicken UN box. I typed in the PW and it worked.

I'm asuming that there is some kind of internal UN and PW chain in OSX? I need to find out where it is and how to edit it? Saved me $59.00

Thanks - OT

Archived