Kangaroo bar and BBQ

kangaroobar

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are everywhere.

I've been seeing a Soi 33 girl over the last five years. She's taken me to see former co-workers at QPP, a Thai restaurant on Soi 22, a couple of beer bars in the demolished areas of Asoke and the one that was around Soi 8 and, most recently, her own bar on Soi 7/1. And all these girls came from the same bar!

Last trip, I was trying to have a quiet drink one afternoon at the Texas Lone Staar on WS. Some bargirl spotted me, got on the phone, and the next thing I knew I was taking two ex-33ers back to my room. :drunk:

Funny thing was, my regular never stayed with me one night. Seems that in her new role of 'bar owner', she had an upstanding reputation to maintain. She wouldn't go to Phuket with me either. :banghead: I may have made a few mistakes along the way, as well.

Moral of the story is, moving downmarket is not really moving downmarket if she's moving from bargirl to owner. ;)

Yes but the problem with belgian beers is that the import taxes are very high.

At the begining the beers are not cheap compared to thai beers add to that the taxes and then you have a quite high price.

What I intend to do with the weekly specials is to sell belgian beers and others at almost the wholesale retailer prices so that customers will be able to try them.

I do not plan to mak big sales.

Take one of the best belgian abbey's beer, Chimay.

(3 can get you easily drunk)

The bottles (big ones) cost me 200 bht, I sell them 210 or 220 bht, they are really tasty but I expect very few customers to try them due to the price. (and I do not try to rip off customers like a few other bars selling belgian beers)

Cheers

Archived