National Park Pricing, The Other Side

Mekong

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

"Problem is as always if you have dragged yourself and family/kids out, its tough on *them* if you want to make a stand...."

Yep. Remember an instance where I went to the crocodile farm with my wife, one of her friends and the friend's 5-year-old daughter. My wife went to buy the tickets and turned around suddenly and very embarrassed told me that my ticket was 300 Baht (as opposed to 50 Baht she had told me in advance, and they had to pay). She wanted to know what to do?

Now what options do I have at that point? Tell a 5-year-old that since the park owner is a greedy racist bastard we are not gonna have a day out and are going home again?

Sanuk!

That's exactly the point here and it pisses me off to no end, especially considering the fact that I too pay taxes here.

I like the suggestion where you take down their name and promise to complain to their superiors.

Guest lazyphil

I prefer Kings College Chapels (a most beautiful part of the england tourist trail in Cambridge) policy, anyone who who resides within 12 miles radius of the chapel gets in free regardless of colour skin, religion, creed, nationalilty.......anyone outside the radius pays 5 pounds i think....could be a english born WASP or a visiting jap, yank or thai etc, beyond the bigoted, racist (unfriendly at best) pov of thai officialdom...

actually found here

The other place I have been to near Krabi is the crystal pond. Really pretty neat place.

I agree, the Sra Thung Tiao is a special place.

I`ve learnt that the staff at the entrance is off work at 5 pm and you are free to enter at no charge. This has the additional benefit of having the place to yourself :)

Even if the staff is still around they won`t hassle you for money at this time.

I`ve found that that beats discussing farang/thai entry fees :)

cheers

hn

Archived