Watch out for bill padding at Kittens Gogo

robaus

.. next door to Penthouse on Pattayland 2.

A very generous mate of mine was hit with a 5k plus bill for 15 lady drinks and 2 whiskies. On enquiring the cost of LDs he was told 160 baht each which = 2400 baht. So where did the rest come from? He told them to put some new batteries in their calculator until they reached a more reasonable bin.

Another mate said happy hour there in the arvo was OK with very cheap â??daft beerâ?Â.

Just keep your wits about you and check bin!

:beer:

Some places are really bad. I mean really bad. A friend and I went to one place, went to pay the bill, and suspected we were going to be overcharged. He got charged for my drinks and his drinks and I got charged for his drinks and my drinks. We knew this was going to happened but found it funny how they play the damn game. Of course we complained and were immediately surrounded by about 5 bar girls screaming and demanding payment.

Funny you should say that, I've had bad experiences there too, on more than one occasion, and I thought it was just me having a bad night! I never go there anymore, and I warn anyone who cares to listen, to do likewise. Like you say, the next flight is full of more fools to be fleeced, so nothing changes.

I had problems the one time I went into Kittens. Only 2 beers and 1 LD, and they tried to charge me for 4 beers and 2 LD's. The western manager in there was an absolute prick about it.

When I threatened to call the tourist police (yeah, I know they wouldn't have done anything but anyway...), he couldn't have cared less. His whole attitude stank.

I left the exact money for the 2 beers and LD on the table and walked out.

I walked down the street and was expecting to feel a blow form a moto-taxi guy's foot in my back, but it never came.

Never ever been back and never will.

Kittens has been pulling this kind of shit for a long time which just goes to show how every flight that lands in Bangkok brings them all the new customers they need. Don't even bother telling them you won't be back, they couldn't care less.

I am surprised considering this joint is off the beaten track. I've always enjoyed it in there, the lightings good for a start and the gals are pretty good calibre; however on my last visit with another board member, it has deteriated somewhat - attitude seems bad and prices have rocketed up. Not surprised that the OP had this experience.

Its a shame because this place offers something different and if done well could pull in the punters in droves.

I suppose one thing to take into consideration is that it could be a rogue gal who's bringing the reputation down.

Been to Kitten 3 times in my life

I was always impressed by the unique setup and always totally pissed by the lame ass girls! Some better leave the mask on if you ask me! What pissed me off most was the frekking upselling. Ping Pong balls, lottery, flowers for the ladies etc.... it didn't wanted to stop! I had 1 Heinecken and a LD and i payed 350 baht, definately not okay, I dont wanted to make any trouble, I just wanted out before they where trying to upsell me my own shoes!

3 times is enough, I won't go there anymore! To their defence, nowadays it is pretty hard to run an A Gogo Bar outside of Walking Street.

[/quote}I suppose one thing to take into consideration is that it could be a rogue gal who's bringing the reputation down.

Nah; it's been going on pretty consistantly for a while now. Buy a girl an LD and they ALWAYS order a cocktail. My last time there, the bill came back as a total only, no itemized list of drinks. When I asked for that they tried to stonewall me. I actually would not be surprised if there is some "Skimming" being done by the on-site management and that the owners are getting scammed as well; wouldn't be the first time, more the rule rather than the exception in the Bar biz.

Archived