No Ticket If You Can Rap

Steve

... But, many others died doing the same.

So, much as I hate to admit it, I think strict enforcement of all driving laws is probably best.

Including one of my younger brothers, told to "... just drive home ..." about a mile away from our house. He and my cousin never made it.

I think drink-drive laws deserve strict enforcement. Too many innocents killed.

Meant riverdance. :grin: Agree the cop was being lighthearted.

I've had mixed interaction with LAPD. Some have been super cool when stopping me for routine traffic violations (not coming to a complete stop, rolling stop as we do here in LA, etc.) with a smile and 'be careful son' and sent me on my merry way and some have done the guns drawn, made me get on my knees, hands clasped behind my head, body search, 15 minute search of car thing. It depends on what area I'm in.

Drinking and driving is serious though. I have a friend who likes to have a few beers (usually brings it with him) at my place when he stops by and I always worry about him driving back. I warn him and offer the sofa but he always insists he's good to go. If he ever got stopped I think he'd be brought in and the worst thing you wanna do in LA (and most cities nowadays) is have a DUI (drinking under the influence) on your record. Its hell from what I hear from people that have it. It also carries a much higher social stigma nowadays than it used to.

One of my classmates lived just off of Mulholland Drive. He heard a SPLASH one day ... and looked out to see a Volkswagen in his swimming pool.

Wasn't you, was it?

Speaking of v-dubs, it just occurred to me, it could have been a friend of mine! :)

When the surf was flat, we used to drive up in the Malibu hills to a place we called, "Top of the World". We'd sit on big rocks, absorbing the sun and drinking beer and smoking buds, while on L.

One day, with my buddy driving his '64 bug too fast, with Lou Reed's live version of 'Heroin' blaring, I seriously did not think we'd ever make it down the hill alive.

But we did, and pulled into the 76 gas station by Rambla Pacifico and PCH. Remember how the bug's gas tank was filled from the front trunk? Well, one friend got out of the car to fill up while we sat in the car and watched.

It was taking an incredibly long time, and finally we noticed a distinct smell of gasoline and got out of the car to investigate.

The guy had missed the fuel tank completely and filled the entire trunk with gas, with 24 empty beer cans floating around in there.

The gas station attendant noticed as well, and his reaction to the clean-up job at hand was priceless.

I guess you had to be there, but we couldn't stop laughing. :D

I'm glad I don't do stuff like that anymore. ;)

Archived