Who is Rude?

mainsail

A few general comments. Yes, there are different concepts of personal space and the division is not solely or even primarily Thai/farang. Some nationalities (non-farang) have the reputation that they do not que/line up for anything. Think I saw indications of that the last two weeks in LOS.

If I don't know you and you say hello, I will probably give a civil reply, but probably not encourage further conversation. I'm an uber introvert and more than once have been the target of the obnoxious drunk who, for whatever reason, thinks it is appropriate to discuss the problems of the world with me just because we are seated on adjacent bar stools and takes offense if I don't want to reciprocate.

As to groping, never really appropriate pre-BF, but pay attention to how she sits and what she does with your arm. Probably a pretty good indication of what she is actually comfortable with. What she will put up with does not mean she appreciates it. And being restrained in the bar, does not equate to being restrained in the room.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe, I know what you are talking about, your bar stool neighbor is always talketive and since I don't want anybody to feel uncomfortable I exchange a few words with him, you never know maybe he has something funny to say, everybody gets his shot. If a stranger decides to talk to me he might feel lonely, needy for a converation or maybe he wants to have some fun or he is simply drunk, however, it doesn't kill me to talk to the guy and maybe it makes him feel better. If it turns out to be totally unpleasant for me, I tell him "okay now we focus an the girls, okay?" at least after repeating myself 3 times he knows the conversation is over!

If one is really wasted and talks in descrypted drunk language I only give him one word per question (yeah, No, Wow, Oh) Can be pretty bad if you ignore him, drunken people are unpredictable!

Perhaps I did not paint the right picture. This is one situation that especially stood out in my mind. I was in a restaurant, not a go go. Sitting at the bar as were others. Those of us at the bar had exchanged civil greetings between ourselves and the bar staff. It was a normal, friendly restaurant bar seating environment. Another farang sits at the bar next to me. I say hello. He ignores me. I am ok with that. Then he starts ordering the bar staff around in loud English which they clearly don't understand. He yells louder at them. They still don't understand. He keeps yelling at them and through trial and error they give him what he wants. He continues to be rude to everyone around him throughout his stay.

No drunks. No overly friendly conversation. Not a go go (we are interested in the girls in there not the farangs) No scams. I am just taking about basic civility.

Archived