Obligation to report foriegn income

FAT_AUSSIE

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, smoking is not a commercial transaction, which is all the US Government is allowed to regulate (interstate trade).

Most foreigners really have no idea how the US Constitution actually works and itâ??s relationship to the states. But than again they did not have to go through the mandatory (at least in California) 8th grade classes and tests.

TH

Maybe you smart guys can contact US Treasury and educate them:

To whom do these sanctions regulations apply?

All U.S. citizens and permanent residents wherever they are located, all people and organizations physically in the United States, and all branches and subsidiaries of U.S. organizations throughout the world.

Link

Also read the quote in this post where you see commercial and do you think the fine mentioned by me of maximum 5,000 USD is for commercial transactions?

US Constitution vs Patriot Act???

You are missing the point.

You said it was against the law for an American Citizen to smoke a cuban cigar. That is not true and I called you on it. Now you want to talk about the patriot act.

What has the patrioit act have to do with this?

TH

CB,

...To give an more understandable example, according to US law the citizens of USA are not allowed to smoke a cuban cigar ...

(OK, Cuba is on the list of terrorist countries.)

Still I suggest you to send that email. Smoking cuban cigars was mentioned as an example of not enforced crime by an american law professor from a major university at an international seminar. Not sure however if he passed your 8th grade test... :)

Archived