Girlfriend has a second SIM...

bonna7

Agreed, all sounds as well as it ever can do! I don't see any major problems with what you have written, but i wonder why you posted about it, when you are so adamant in response.

However, all sounds very good...as DC says, good luck and a happy 2007.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed, all sounds as well as it ever can do! I don't see any major problems with what you have written, but i wonder why you posted about it, when you are so adamant in response.

Yes, it kinda does, I don't REALLY feel/think that she's up to something... Guess everybody gets a streak of jealousy/think too mutt sometimes!

However, I still don't see why she has to keep that sim instead of just calling the ones she doesn't want to know her number with the "hidden number" function, or something like that... Dunno. Guess I'm being unreasonable. Am I?

Haven't made a fuss with her about it, and won't either. Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me! 'Cos I am really happy with her, and I think she is too!

However, all sounds very good...as DC says, good luck and a happy 2007.

Thanks Dumsoda and zombienation. Happy new year to you too!!

Cheers again,

bonna7

IMO a lame excuse but not necessarily fishy!

It is just too easy to find out.

Tell her to copy all th contacts she needs from her sim card to her phone. Mentally challenged people will argue "if i loose phone I loose all number" i bet you a beer she will say that. Well if she looses her phone the sim card is inside anyways and is gone as well. Shoot that like from a shot gun.

If she don't want her Daddy to know her number she can simply block the caller ID.

If it concerns you really you could simply tell her that it would make you feel better if she would get rid off the old sim card. Of course she will tell you that there are 300 baht or so on the other card which you will happily comensate by buying her a 500 baht account fill up card.

If she don't wanna loose that old sim card under any circumstances there might be a chance that she wants to stay available at certain times of the year for people who aren't supposed to have her new number. Whoever that might be is not on me to judge!

Help her copying her contacts and having an honest talk about your concerns is probably the best way to start this process! Show her how to block the Caller ID, the newer phones can even block callers from calling or mesaging you!

just my 2 satangs

it would be just as easy to have the phone set for not showing caller id I would think

AFAIK, you cannot do that in LoS. It is operator dependent plus phone dependent and they do not seem to have that option switched on in the network (tried and that was the answer I got). This is for AIS (includes 1-2-call) anyway. YMMV with other carriers.

Cheers,

SD

This was a couple of years ago. I shut off the option on my Samsung D500 and tried to call the wife's Nokia 8800 (I think that's what it was). Name/number came up as usual. Same-same the opposite way. I called AIS and that was the explanation...haven't tried it since. We have post-paid AIS, but shouldn't matter as they use the same infrastructure.

Maybe enough people bitched about it? :dunno:

Regards,

SD

IMO a lame excuse but not necessarily fishy!

Help her copying her contacts and having an honest talk about your concerns is probably the best way to start this process! Show her how to block the Caller ID, the newer phones can even block callers from calling or mesaging you!

just my 2 satangs

Have helped her copy the numbers onto the phone already.

And yes, she knows that I don't like her having that SIM.... Haven't checked if her phone can hide caller-ID, but will do so when I get home!

Guess I could get her another SIM and see what she says then? If she wants to throw the old one away then?

bonna7

Quick update:

Feel like a bit of a pr1ick now... Talked to the GF abot it, she was understanding and all, checked both hers and my phone, and it is NOT possible, at least for either of us, to use the "hidden number" function... Seems like it is blocked by 1-2-call... Dunno.

Anyway, she said that she could throw it away, get a new one if that would be better, and then I remembered that she said a while ago that when my friend leaves (He's on a holiday here), she would take that SIM and throw the old one.

So sounds OK to me.

Bonna7

Archived