Bangkok Post vs The Nation

Dali

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about it. I used to write for the Post when it was in the old building before they moved off to effing Klong Ka-toey. :(

p.s. That was when Trink had his own corner of the building, with rusty file cabinets, a clapped out manual typewriter full of pipe ashes and boxes of photos that had been too dirty to print. Like as not his shoes were off, his socks hanging on the handles of the file cabinet and participles were dangling all over his copy. Plus his trousers were undone and his fly was open. They don't make folks like that anymore!

:worship:

Flash, yes Trink at the height of his powers was a bit before my time but i did used to enjoy him a number of years ago. But i think in his later years at the Post shortly before he got axed he had become a slightly sad figure and very pale shadow of his former self?

Simie.

The new Post management really didn't want him and wouldn't let him write the way he used to. But Trink also was coasting the last couple of years. His column had turned into a cut and paste of emails more than anything. Bar owners told me they sent him notices of their events, but he didn't use them. He made it easier for the Post to get rid of him. It would have been better if he had bowed out gracefully.

p.s. Trink in some ways reminds me of F. Scott Fitzgerald's Pat Hobby stories!

starbucks worth a visit just to read the news?

well if buying coffee for over 100bt is a good deal to you then do enjoy :

Yes Starbusck usually has the Post and Nation and sometimes the Herald Tribune. Coffee at Starbucks for 100 Baht? You must be one of those caramel latte grande vente... people.

>You must be one of those caramel latte grande vente... people.

Don't get me started.....LOL....one of my pet peeves. Go into half the coffee shops now and ask for a "coffee" and you get a blank look. I just want coffee, in a cup and I will do the rest. I swear one place made me do a song and dance for five minutes till we settled on a "long flat black". What the f*ck is that????

AND..rant comming on - why, why, why the f*ck have I never ever ever been able to walk into a starbucks and order a "coffee of the day" (picking up the lingo in self defense) and be served it? They have that huge bloody urn, and every single solitary time they look around in desperation, go find filters and brew another bloody pot of it.....

....and no, I don't want farking hot steamed milk....

-j-

Changing tea for coffee was the main reason for the decline and fall of the british empire. :neener:

Coffee is a mix of poisons and must be the next thing to be banned after smoking. If you drink red wine and hot chocolate it's much better for your health. And much easier in coffee shops too.

Yes I drink beer in LOS except with italian food. :beer:

Archived