Bangkok Post vs The Nation

Dali

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Often, identical wire service stories appear in both, usually first in the Post then sometimes weeks later in the Nation.

The Nation can sometimes be somewhat more outspoken and willing to report "negative" news such as crimes against farangs, something the Post avoids.

The publisher of The Nation also publishes an outspoken Thai newspaper that was strongly anti-Taksin. He was charged with "Lessae Majesty" (sp?) for saying that the King dissaproved of the PM; it is illegal to speculate publicly about what the King may think. There were violent demonstrations by taxi drivers, mostly from Issan in front of his offices.

I do like the "Database" section in Wednesdays Post. Although the Post has twice as many comics, The Nation has "CALVIN & HOBBS".

Khun004: thanks for a great list of news resources; now bookmarked.

Yep, between the lines is mostly what I read. The Post requires more of this than then Nation I feel. Near identical news and articles at times. I used to get the Post delivered. Now I just pick up whatever is available at a local shop if I want one to read. If no Nation the I'll grab a Post. Seems the shops carry less Nation copy than Post. Usually a Post left over by the afternoon, while the Nation is much harder to find an hour after the shops open. Neither is much good for unbiased domestic news, unlike the fair and balanced news I can get on Fox (just joking there Fidel!). :D:devil:

Cent

Cent

I think the Nation website is far superior to the Post's. I go there several times a day for updates.

I also prefer that they were more willing to take on Thaksin than the Post was.

However, I usually buy the Post because they have a much better sports section, they show the movie times at all theatres (Nation doesn't...explanation "they don't pay to advertise in our paper so we will not support them"...the info is for your readers...DIPSHITS!!!) and because I prefer their crosswrods puzzles and games. Everything but the news.

I was a bigger fan of the Post when they had Trink...but they are still the only one with a good NFL Football column, and the movie reviewer at the NAtion sucks balls.

starbucks worth a visit just to read the news?

well if buying coffee for over 100bt is a good deal to you then do enjoy :rolleyes:

anyways in the past always liked nations more outspoken articles & opinions, but these days I think the post might even be more critical regarding domestic politics whatever...

Nations PDA web edition is far superiour to the post & gives a great overview on the phone on the go in or out of country :up:

Archived