Hope for all us Fat bastar...............

Ckrisg

Just watched Newsnight which featured Buster Bloodvessel (Lead Singer of Bad Manners - won't mean much to non UK Members)

He had obesity surgery 'A stomach staple' and went from 32 Stone (448 pounds) to 12 stone (168 pounds) he had to have the surgery because basically he was dying the fat was killing him.

I thought he had died years ago.

:elephant::elephant:

I know a few guys, and women, who have had the stomach staple and there's something called a gastric band that two mates have had. In my experience it's still only a stopgap unless your prepared to change your lifestyle as well, diet and exercise must come with it or eventually the stomach expands and the weight comes back on.

The staples can be deadly! The band, which I looked into is misleading...it just helps you maintain a diet of 800 calories per day...which if you could do, you'd lose weight with out it...has to be re tightened/adjusted periodically...over eating results in vomiting, without warning...staples can rupture if over eating...

Sharon Osborne had the band, lost tons of weight, then started to regain it. She was over eating the band, gained 15 pounds...despite vomiting...experts claim the band helps, but without psychiatric counseling, weight lose will not be maintained...

I saw this guy eat six eggs one day, he'd eat two, throw up, eat two more and throw up again. He's had no counseling before the operation, nothing like that at all. Sure he lost about twenty kilos in twelve months but his lifestyle was crap. He'd shove everything into a blender so he could get it down, then it'd come back up again anyway. He was a real treat to go out for a meal with.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I bumped into the father of a very famous actress today.

At times, I don't eat enough, and this guy picks on me and anyone else within range.

He greeted me by saying, "Fuck, usvirgin, it's great to see you're still alive. I thought for sure you'd be dead by now."

Then he added, "Happy New Year."

Archived