Postnatal care in thailand

soongmak

Postnatal care in Thailand?

Well, the traditional way was to: Norn Gab Fai.

Spending days sleeping/lying down very close to an open fire in order to make the heat cause the womb to contract to it`s normal size.

There would be a number of rituals performed while this was going on.

If your wife complains about the procedure in the lowlands, you could ask her: Norn Gradarn Fai Dee Gwa Rue Plaow? :)(would you rather do it the old way = sleeping close to fire)?

Forgot to mention by the way, my congrats to you and your missus.

Oh, and by the way don`t take offense if thai visitors refer to your newborn son as "luuk Maa Na Griad" ugly puppy :)

cheers

hn

SM,

See Limbo's post..

We stayed in hospital for a couple of days (attended 2 useful paternal classes) and after delivery both baby and wife were checked for anything unusual, few times a day.

And of course the monthly check-ups and vaccines.

Seemed just right.

I stayed with her in hospital and was satisfied with the provided care and service.

Nice experience :up:

• 3 weeks later...

> To me, this seems over the top for a perfectly

> healthy baby. So how does this work in thailand?

EXACTLY the same. For us anyway, at Chiang Mai Ram hospital. Actually it even involved instructions on how to bathe and change diapers. Plus ALL the tests you mentioned, one test had to be run twice. And they put ALL kids in an incubator for a day or two, instead of with mum.

End result is still a healthy baby: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Where they MAY go over the top is with the 'consultatiebureau' visits. Dutch mothers can't even see a baby fart without running overthere it seems. :)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Archived