Maintaining a 100,000 THB P/M income

Mark

What do you reckin Gents?

To maintain a 100,000 THB income which rises with inflation and thus maintains the same income 20 years down the line, I reckon on the following:

670,000 GPB investments at 5% (HSBC non-resident bonds â?? money safe as houses)

3% living costs / 2% reinvested

3% = 20,100 GBP x 60 THB (on the safe side) = 1,206,000 THB / 12 = 100,500 THB P/M

Based on the 2% reinvestment the 3% pay out would rise every year, hopefully in-line with inflation

Thatâ??ll pay for overseas trips, nice motor, plenty of beer and some western luxuries. Hell, even a few Eden club visits.

Fuck â?? I have to stay in the dunes longer

So, for anyone thinking 50K or equivalent lifesytle is enough - cut the investment in half, and so on.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it sounds good. The only problem is getting this much money in the first place Infact with this much money I would be hoping for more return than that.

Maybe if you are a bought a home alot of years ago in the UK then you can release the equity with the high house prices. But for someone who isnt on the property ladder in the UK its going to be difficult to get this money.

Its now very difficult for first time buyer to afford a house in the UK.

I mean its possible and lots do it, but they havent much left to do anything else. Average house price in the UK is nearly 200,000GBP, which means about nearly 100,000baht a month payments.

The only option is too rent and still be able to buy other stuff and go travelling.

Yes it sounds good. The only problem is getting this much money in the first place Infact with this much money I would be hoping for more return than that.

Maybe if you are a bought a home alot of years ago in the UK then you can release the equity with the high house prices. But for someone who isnt on the property ladder in the UK its going to be difficult to get this money.

I mean its possible and lots do it, but they havent much left to do anything else. Average house price in the UK is nearly 200,000GBP, which means about nearly 100,000baht a month payments.

The only option is too rent and still be able to buy other stuff and go travelling.

Well, I guess if you haven't even got a house, you haven't a chance of retiring in Thailand.

I mean its possible and lots do it' date=' but they havent much left to do anything else. Average house price in the UK is nearly 200,000GBP, which means about nearly 100,000baht a month payments.

The only option is too rent and still be able to buy other stuff and go travelling. [/quote']

Well, I guess if you haven't even got a house, you haven't a chance of retiring in Thailand.

With a nice lump sum from a house sale life would sure be easier, but if you don't have it depends upon how much yearly pension you would be getting.

Much better to live in LOS on a small but managable pension than freeze your bollocks off in the UK, where the majority will go on fuel, poll tax and whatever else Gordon thinks up when he gets in. :crazy:

I really wouldn't want to be skint in Thailand, it wouldn't be a pleasant experience. If you're broke, the UK is a much better place, that's why the asylum seekers are so keen to come here, we house them and feed them like honoured guests.

Your right pe7e but that does not apply to the natives i.e white single males, we get fuc...... all.

True I would not want to be skint in LOS but would prefer to live a modest lifestyle (upcountry perhaps too many distratctions for your money in Bangers/Patts) there with the missus than be stuck in the UK on a modest income.

I mean its possible and lots do it' date=' but they havent much left to do anything else. Average house price in the UK is nearly 200,000GBP, which means about nearly 100,000baht a month payments.

The only option is too rent and still be able to buy other stuff and go travelling. [/quote']

I m only 26, so dont want to retire. I d be too bored. My point is that with house prices at current prices people my age and younger and also older cant afford to comfortably buy.

personally I dont want a millstone around my neck with paying out £2000 a month. Also the cheaper places aren't very nice.

As for house owners not being able to retire in Thailand, I think thats complete rubbish. I work with an internet connection and a laptop from where I want and dont need a home to stay in Thailand. I know lots of people who live in Thailand who aren,t homewoners.

Also its certainly not better to be skint in Thailand.How do you figure that. I ve seen farangs skint in Thailand,dirty feet with sandals, unshaven, alcoholics, and scrounging at the Embassy trying to get an airticket home, and overstayed on their visa. Yep sounds like great fun. being skint anywhere isnt great to be honest.

You haven't read my post correctly.

I meant that if you can't even afford to get mortage in the UK, by definition you wouldnt have a chance of retiring (cause you havent any money)

As for being skint, everything is relative. Your definition is some dirty old git with no money, scrounging to get home. Likely cause that is relative to your situation (not being able to afford a house)

My definition is a 25K teacher. Whilst he may be housed, fed etc...that's relative to my situation.

There are guys out there that consider being skint not being able to sod of to the Bahamas for the weekend.

It's all relative

Archived