Runway cracks widen at Suvarnabhumi

limbo

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of the scandal at Ramkhamhaeng Unie back in the 1980s, when a nearly completed multi-million baht classroom building began to collapse! Turned out the contractor had reduced the reinforcement rod from 1 1/2 inch diameter to 1/2 inch and cut corners in many other ways. The floors were sagging and the entire building had to be torn down at considerable cost. The rector of RU was blamed for not properly supervising the construction -- and actually got reduced two civil service grades, which is virtually unheard of.

Amazing that so little changes in Thailand.

:dunno:

You cannot just patch this. They will need to go back to the substrate before they have a chance of fixing the problem. With 25 years in construction and a reasonable grasp on engineering both structural and civil, this is one major fuck-up. The other problem they have is that if the 747's are causing this damage what is going to happen when the new A380s start landing and turning on the taxi areas. Would hate to be in these guys shoes.

http://www.maathai.com/project_infrastructure.html

Its been known for ages that the runways were, and are, fucked. About 2 years ago I was talking with some one, and the problem (as I recall) that the place selected was a swamp within the 'tidal reach" of the sea (which is not that far away). The contractors were supposed to lay down a proper foundation to build the run way on, but instead they used sand. Pretty much all that has now washed away under the slight tidal influence. As usual a complete f*ck up that everyone is going to hope is going to go away. No chance, and the Thais may *finally* have to face the consequences of thier rampant corruption...

-j-

Its been known for ages that the runways were, and are, fucked. About 2 years ago I was talking with some one, and the problem (as I recall) that the place selected was a swamp within the 'tidal reach" of the sea (which is not that far away). The contractors were supposed to lay down a proper foundation to build the run way on, but instead they used sand. Pretty much all that has now washed away under the slight tidal influence. As usual a complete f*ck up that everyone is going to hope is going to go away. [color:red]No chance, and the Thais may *finally* have to face the consequences of thier rampant corruption...[/color]-j-

One can keep hoping........

So, will the lawsuit againt BKK Post go away? Will the people who got fired get their jobs back? Will Thaksin fork over back pay out of his own dirty pockets?

Buncha' monkeys.

I bet there will be a lot of lower lever guys flinching every time theyt hear a motocy comming up behind them

Archived