Songla expats?

TheBelgianDog

A very quiet town.

A few bars around, and one small strip of about 6 bars in an area called "The Dark Side" (which is rather inappropriate! - It's very safe there of course).

Definitely an area catering for the oil industry workers, but a few expats live there for the quiet lifestyle, and to run the bars.

Couldn't see a bar making much money there though.

VERY quiet both times I have been. (Imagine Hua Hin in low season and then halve the busy factor!)

Only saw a couple of decent girls in the bars, most average and a few shockers. However, they were really down to earth, happy with 1000-1500 for LT and gave no hassle.

As they are dealing with mostly expats, they don't act surprised when you speak Thai, and I actually got the impression most were there to look seriously for husband material as the punters there aren't on holidays and mostly stay in Thailand. I could be wrong, but that's the vibe I got.

A nice place for a couple of days, but bored off my tits for any longer than that.

And... a long way from Bangkok!! (Have to get to Hat Yai and then another 40km from there).

Archived