• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boring.

Worthless.

And inaccurate.

I wasted my time.

Told me,

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

That's simply not true.

I despise American Negroes on sight.

The more I've come to know, and the more I read and learn about them, the more I despise them.

There are a very, very, few exceptions.

(Thomas Sowell of the Hoover Institution in California is one of the few exceptions.

http://www.hoover.org/bios/sowell )

I have no preference for European-Americans.

I much prefer the more polite and educated European-Europeans & the occasional Brit.

I'd rather spend one hour with a Swiss, a Hollander, or a Belgian, than 10 hours with most of the Americans I've met.

I recently met a Portuguese man on a tour in Bangkok with his wife, and found him to be exceptionally good company.

Now with Americans, of course, a few exceptions, and some of those few are fine men, indeed, but they are few.

None of this is automatic, in that I think about it a lot.

My decision to judge people by their race and their ethnicity is a carefully considered choice.

The older I get, and the more I learn about people, the more value I've found in that choice.

One of the reasons that I left "The West" and came to Thailand is to escape from the never-ending forced feeding of multi-culturalism.

So far, that's worked out very well here.

Anyone else?

I showed a slight preference to whites, I think that the survey was meaningless to me as I grew up in Australia in the 50's and had no association with or any opinion of other races. Everyone was white middle class in my formative years and Blacks, Asians and minority groups were just different looking people in the movies. I don't even think I saw an Australian Aboriginal until I was in my teens because of where I lived. I'm sorry Khun004 feels the way he does, he must have had some horrific childhood experiences.

Harvard ... where 80% of the students graduate with honours (except for the racists).

p.s. Couldn't they put a few more caveats at the beginning??? "It indicates that most Americans have an automatic preference for white over black." Ummm ... most Americans are white. If an African American prefers black faces, that doesn't mean they are racist though. :dunno:

This is an interesting essay on a similar test:

July 10, 2003

White Like Me

Taking the ridiculous test.

"That's white of you, Derbyshire." I am just old enough to have had those words addressed to me in earnest, without, so far as I could discern, any facetious intent. The addresser was an Englishman I knew in my Hong Kong days 30 years ago. A middle-aged expatriate, he lived in the same seedy Kowloon rooming house from which I was just embarking on my lifelong vocation of impecunious idling. This Englishman had held some decent position in the Hong Kong civil service, but had been cashiered for taking advantage of Chinese boys. (Not an unusual case in the Hong Kong civil service. There was even an item of expat jargon identifying people of that kind: "rice queens.")...

More:

Archived