Bkkbound04

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is an interesting essay on a similar test:

July 10, 2003

White Like Me

Taking the ridiculous test.

"That's white of you, Derbyshire." I am just old enough to have had those words addressed to me in earnest, without, so far as I could discern, any facetious intent. The addresser was an Englishman I knew in my Hong Kong days 30 years ago. A middle-aged expatriate, he lived in the same seedy Kowloon rooming house from which I was just embarking on my lifelong vocation of impecunious idling. This Englishman had held some decent position in the Hong Kong civil service, but had been cashiered for taking advantage of Chinese boys. (Not an unusual case in the Hong Kong civil service. There was even an item of expat jargon identifying people of that kind: "rice queens.")...

More:

Clever.

Some people, some ethnic groups, etc. are 'stinky'. Lack of hygiene.

I understand, some countries have little water. Fine. But in the olden days, here, just a bowel of water, one could wash. Today, with the hotels in LOS, there is no excuse.

No, I do not like 'stinky' people.

Am I a 'racist'?

:shhh:

I try my best not to judge people by the colour of their skin and to avoid making sweeping generalizations based on racial/cultural stereotypes or even my own past experience.

I like to think that I give everyone a fair shot. A good human being is, to me, a good human being.

Racist is a buzz word....

but I assume that British football holligans are my "race"

as are american crazed church nuts,

And I do not like either of them :)

I think you can dislike groups as much as you can dislike races or religion groups ,

So maybe we need to just make a bigger list for you to "hate"

OK.....even "hate" seems like to harsh a word....

OC

too early in the morning here.....

Archived