Has anyone eaten at Novotel?

Social_Norm

I've stayed there but the only thing I ate didn't come on a plate. :grin:

Visited the cafe a few times but have friends who have stayed there and say the restaurant is fine. Why Novotel there are plenty of nicer placers if a good impression is what your after.

Thanks for that.

The Novotel is her suggestion. I don't think I need to impress her. I have corresponded with her occasionally over the last couple of years but not met her although I have visited Thailand several times.

I'm just interested in meeting a nice normal middle class Thai girl. I will be visiting the usual pleasure spots and she probably isn't going to leap into bed with me but if we do happen to get on well... who knows.

I don't want to buy a hugely expensive lunch for someone I don't really know yet. I don't mind paying up to about 400 baht a head for a good lunch in an air conditioned environment but maybe that is too small a budget for that?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

...just a average, boring, overprices hotel restaurant!

your budget of 400 THB per head might be sufficient for a cheap choice at the coffee shop, but not at other outlets!

ask her, what kind of food she likes and what kind of environment, also prefered area and then fellow board members can come back with suggestions!

Oh well, thinking about it, Novotel was her suggestion and 400 baht per head in English money is very cheap so I will just bite the bullet and pay whatever it costs. 1000 baht per head would still be very cheap by UK standards. I just wanted to avoid blowing the sort of amount that would cover a visit to an establishment that caters to carnal requirements. Thanks for your input.

Archived