what town is ong bak filmed?

scott808

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Never knew that.

Bust: 1 MooNoi: 0

But I'd like to know which scenes are filmed in Sydney as I didn't recognise Sydney anywhere in Ong Bak. (Tom Yum Goong is obviously Sydney).

Actually, just reading the article, I think they're calling Ong Bak "Ong Bak 1" and the movie I saw in Bangkok as "Tom Yum Goong" as "Ong Bak 2"... so depends which Ong Bak the OP is referring too!

Anyway... it's confusing!

Cheers Busty.

Your right...bit confusing as they released it here as the Protector I think...............Original was shot in Bangkok which is probably what the OP is referring to. Could have been any one of a million sois in LOS

Goal disallowed :up:

The same weekend I had Clive LLoyd, Joel Garner and Derek Murray. No tip though. :(

When you say "had"... what exactly do you mean by that? They're big boys!!

Actually, did you see Joel Garner at the beach cricket last weekend... he's HUGE now - in every direction!

Sorry!

:topic:

Marvelous MooNoi. Anyway back to your post. It was filmed in Sydney and produced in Thailand.

http://www.asianpopcorn.com/default.asp?Display=11

There is something wrong here. I have the Ong Bak DVD and have watched it many times. The outdoor scenes were filmed in Bangkok. I see the Skytrain going by in one scene. The tuk-tuk chase scene is definitely Bangkok. Why would they film the outdoor scenes in Australia where the costs are several times higher?

The same weekend I had Clive LLoyd' date=' Joel Garner and Derek Murray. No tip though. :( [/quote']

When you say "had"... what exactly do you mean by that? They're big boys!!

Actually, did you see Joel Garner at the beach cricket last weekend... he's HUGE now - in every direction!

Sorry!

:topic:

Now now, I said no tip.

Actually when he played for South Australia, big Joel was a legend in his own time. Shyer players would wait till he left before getting showered and changed, the comparison was just too much to take. He cut a wide swathe through the Adelaide nightlife and a whole generation of women were spoiled for all other men.

Archived