Any shots required?

scott808

The hepatitis jabs are probably advisable and tetanus in case you get munched on by a soi dog.

The Hepatitis shots are done in a series over several months. I think when they did mine it took six months? then the last shot was a "booster" just in case the shots didn't take, as the doc said it was not for sure that the shots would work. This was 10 years ago, maybe better now?

I had a Hep check last year and I was OK, so maybe they are still working...I hope!

The tetanus is a one time deal, usually effective for some years (10 years?, don't remember).

The Hepatitis shots are done in a series over several months. I think when they did mine it took six months? then the last shot was a "booster" just in case the shots didn't take, as the doc said it was not for sure that the shots would work. This was 10 years ago, maybe better now?

As I hadn't had any jabs since 88, when I left the UK, I thought I had better get them updated. I had them done at the beginning of last year and from memory, for hepatitis, there were three doses, an initial one, one a month later and the last one three months after that.

Archived