LadProw

FAT_AUSSIE

Hi guys.

What's Lad prow like and what's there?

Pesonally I'm not familliar with the area. My sister in law lives there and my wife wan'ts to catch up for a couple of days, shortly.

I've done a bit of a look on the net. There are a couple of hotel around, but otherwise from the net's point of view there seems to fk all around there to do and mile's from anywhere worth going.

Question for those with the experience. Would it be better to stay down in somewhere like Sukhumvit and taxi to Lad Prow or just Stay in Lad prow and taxi everywhere else?

Any comments, advice apprieciated.

Aussie...

Lad Phrao is a long road and a large residential area with a couple of hotels and shopping malls. not many tourists or foreign residents in the area. also not considered to be one of the prefered residential areas; however you find a couple of very nice houses hidden in some Sois. traffic is usually pretty bad during rush hours as intersectsions with Rachada on one side and Ramkhamhaeng on the other side are big bottlenecks

Central Lad Phrao is pretty busy and i'm told the most popular of the 'central' malls...it's a desert for nightlife...there's a few bars and restaurants dotted about. I'd stay on Sukhumvit, Taxi it up...100 baht tops for the journey, avoid travel in rush hour....a 10 minute trip can easily become a 1 hour trauma...

It's almost 11 km long with Central Lardprao on one end and The Mall, Bangkapi on the other. Depending on the time of day, that can be a very long 11 km as the road reached full capacity maybe ten years ago. Traffic gets worse in the small sois where it can approach total gridlock, which is where I suspect you'll end up.

My advice is to stay somewhere where you're comfortable and taxi to and from. The only places you'll get farang food are probably those two shopping centers anyway.

I'm living at the Saint Johns University end of Lard Prao. There really is fuck all to do here. For me that's actually a relief no distraction and get on with a few non nightlife projects. However if you're here for a short holiday and want to go out on the piss at night stay down Sukumvit and get the MRT (Underground) here it takes 20 minutes runs every 7 minutes and costs fuck all.

Cheers

Archived