Taking your wife away from home.

Julian2

The usual practice by guys who marry Thais and want to live here is to move into the home town of their beloved. I was wondering if anyone ever successfully broke this pattern, I don't mean moving to the US or Albania where the resulting culture shock possibly over rides loneliness but I mean to another part of Thailand. For example a Chiang Mai girl to Issan or a Bangkok babe to Hat Yai.

Not sure that taking an entertainment industry professional from one entertainment area eg Patpong to another eg Pattaya would count, she's sure to know someone there.

I was wondering how they settle into a sea of strange Thai faces who possibly speak a different language.

Limbo, TH and FA, sure Samui is a hodge podge of different Thais, I met my wife there and she's a Chiang Rai girl, Bangkok is the same... there's always someone there who's related or from the same village and moving to a new family is different also, the local wife or husband is her intro into the new society. What I mean is a Farang deciding he wants to live in a different province and taking his wife there cold, so as to speak. I reckon she'd spend more time on the bus than in his bed.

Limbo, TH and FA, sure Samui is a hodge podge of different Thais, I met my wife there and she's a Chiang Rai girl, Bangkok is the same... there's always someone there who's related or from the same village and moving to a new family is different also, the local wife or husband is her intro into the new society. What I mean is a Farang deciding he wants to live in a different province and taking his wife there cold, so as to speak. I reckon she'd spend more time on the bus than in his bed.

Why would he do that, other than to make a living and if that is the reason she will follow him and make the adjustment. Why would anyone move to a strange place for no good reason? :confused:

TH

I actually read a popular "living in Thailand for foreigners" book that recommended any one marrying a bar girl do this. The reasons were nebulous, the family won't rip you off, she won't run around with the young bucks when your backs turned....

I just thought it made an interesting theoretical for discussion.

Archived