Best Kept Secret In International Shipping

Mr Pickles

It's called "Great Rates" and is offered by FedEx here in America. It's not advertised on their website and I even went into one of their largest drop off centers and nobody there had even heard of it. It works like this. Call (800) GoFedEx and ask for Great Rates. Tell them the weight and dimensions of your boxes and they'll let you know what day of the week they have extra space on their plane and depending on fuel costs that day you may get up to an 80%, yes 80% discount on your international shipping. There is a minimum of four boxes, I'm shipping basically four 20 cubes, which is 20 X 20 X20 but you can ship boxes that weigh up to 150 lbs. Whatever day they have space is the day you need to drop off your boxes. I was able to lock my rate in two weeks in advance but they will not store the boxes for you. You must drop them off on the day they specify. A 50lb "20 Cube" to Bangkok from Los Angeles is only $50 and takes less then a week. This is Door to Door service to boot. Check it out....

interesting....

I hope you have a better time with Fed Ex than Old Hippie had a couple months ago.

Problem will be when the stuff gets to thailand ,

Fed-Ex will just pay whayever fees and duty are asked , and not argue in your favor.

Please let use know how it works out....

OC

PS ....from Thailand to USA or Europe both UPS and Fed Ex have a 25kg box for 5000-6000 baht

Better than paying overweight at the airport :)

Archived