The oldest profession

Flashermac

Ahhh yes...Concerned Women for America. As wacky a right-wing fundy Xtian group as they get. Let me tell ya more about them!

I'm sure you have all heard about (NBA player) Tim Hardaway and his anti-gay rant. Everyone is rightfully condemning it. Even the CWfA attacked him, but not for reasons you would think. No, they were lamenting that Hardaway has made being anti-gay look bad.

"Hardaway's comments are both unfortunate and inappropriate," said CWfA's Matt Barber. "They provide political fodder for those who wish to paint all opposition to the homosexual lifestyle as being rooted in 'hate.'" Although Barber agreed that "it's perfectly natural for people to be repelled by disordered sexual behaviors that are both unnatural, and immoral," he regretted that Hardaway's inartfully framed remarks "only serve to foment misperceptions of widespread homosexual 'victimhood' which the homosexual lobby has craftily manufactured."

So, let me get this straight...all of the hard work that groups like CWfA have done to make homophobia acceptable has now been ruined. Of course, the real victims here are the people who are now afraid to openly bash gay people because they might be subjected to ridicule by the liberal media. Those poor, poor bigots. Sheesh.

WTF? You can't make this up. My head hurts! And we will not even talk about how the organization's founder's openly gay son is the CFO...

Regards,

SD -- wondering why Concerned Women for America has a *male* mouthpiece?

Archived