US builds 160 new coal plants

trooper

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I concur; one volcano going off causes more damgage to the ozone than man ever could. Warming and cooling of the Earth has been going on long before we were here and will continue long after we are gone. Man's influence on global warming is mostly hipe.

S1

Shit. I guess it's not a wonder nothing is done as there are still people out there who think like you. Ozone layer has nothing to do with global warming. Man's influence is not a hipe, it has been proven scintifically. I haven't been skiing in many winters because there simply isn't snow anymore in Southern Finland.

Guest lazyphil

nobodys denying global warming! (its mans influence thats debatable!)....personally its a good thing, the carp and tench just keeping growing bigger and bigger, when noahs flood comes at least i'll have likely caught a 60lb carp in the uk by then :cool:

Trooper,

You are reacting on emotion without knowing the facts...USA is not the most polluting nation in the world..WAG on your part?

What the US is, is one of the biggest energy consuming nations (used to be the biggest at 33% years ago) and produced half of the world's solid waste (garbage). Thank you capitalism and excessive desires...

But biggest consumer does not equate to biggest polluter. While you can fault america for its capitalistic appetite, US does a decent job with env regs especially at the state and local lvels and a decent job at enforcement even in the face of incredible staff shortages given the population and production/usage rates...

America has some of the most stringent env regulations in the world (air, water, solid, hazardous waste, radiation waste, etc). Hell, most countries in the world don't even even know how much or what levels of pollution they are producing because they have little/no ability to measure or even regonize what they producing and polluting. Dev countries' polluting numbers are far short of reality....

Yes, at the current national level, ENV policies and priorites are low but that does not reflect the american people nor regulations and enforcement historically. Next sdmin will be much more in line with what it should and has been since 1970...

You are looking at it only through your own country's colored glasses without undrerstanding the big picture and where the problems really lie...

CB

Shit. I guess it's not a wonder nothing is done as there are still people out there who think like you. Ozone layer has nothing to do with global warming. Man's influence is not a hipe, it has been proven scintifically. I haven't been skiing in many winters because there simply isn't snow anymore in Southern Finland.

You need to stop watching so much TV (CNN).

By the way: Do you drive a car? Do you use electric? Do you fly to LOS on a fuel guzzling jet?

Noticed you did not have a smart-ass comment about the damage volcanos do. But that's alright because they are a "Natural Thing." By the way this has been one of the coldest winters with the most snow in the US for a long time.

Although "Man" might contribute to global warming we are not the cause.

S1

Guest lazyphil

Yes i'm sure trooper does fly to LOS on AMERICAN (using most likely American aquired oil!) made jets--will the greens pack up flying, naw, dont think so, u cant have your cake and eat it!

Trooper,

You are reacting on emotion without knowing the facts...USA is not the most polluting nation in the world..WAG on your part?

It's easy to search data about the subject. For example this site http://www.carbonplanet.com/home/country_emissions.php gives you the numbers in 2003 and there you can see that the US is the biggest producer of green house gases. Per person the US, Australia and Canada have the highest emissions.

I sure fly to LOS and I drive to work with my own car. It's the governments who should set the rules and regulations to reduce emissions. Sad there is no agreement on international level yet mostly because of the US. Guess a couple of more Katrinas and there will be more willing politicans even in the US to do something about it.

Archived