US builds 160 new coal plants

trooper

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Yes governments play a big role but as individuals collectivly we can have an inpact, that is if we do have one in the first place. Its supply and demand, we demand 'they' supply.

personally its a good thing, the carp and tench just keeping growing bigger and bigger, when noahs flood comes at least i'll have likely caught a 60lb carp in the uk by then :cool:

I'm selling my boat soon as fishing is getting so bad in the Finnish seas. The seatrouts are getting very rare partly because of the warmer seas. Also swimming is not possible anymore because of the poisonous stuff that floats in the sea (i don't know the word in english) which has become more common due to warmed sea.

Australians shloud know the corals of the Great Barrier reef are gonna be destroyed when the sea gets a couple of degrees warmer.

the poisonous stuff that floats in the sea (i don't know the word in english)

I think you might be referring to poisonous algae blooming which are a problem on this side of the Baltic as well. However they occur only periods during summer time.

Nice to see good news about the subject. Today Britain announced that they are going to reduce their GHG Emissions 50 percent before 2050. The European goal earlier was to reduce them by 20 percent by 2020 and if the rest of the world agrees by 30 percent. Let's hope the other nations will follow, if Europe does this alone it's meaningless.

It was nice weather today, over 10 degrees warm, I don't recall this warm winter ever before. Usually it's around zero this time of the year.

Archived