Thailand's Richest

Forbes has come out with its list of the world's 943 billionaries . Three Thais on the list. In 264th place is Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi of Chang Beer fame, age 62 and worth $3.4 billion. Close behind at 279 on the list is Chaleo Yoovidhya, one of the founders of Red Bull, age 75 and worth $3.1 billion. Farther down the list at 390 is animal feed magnate Dhanin Chearavanont (age 67) and family, worth $2.4 billion. A certain ex-politician isn't on the list, nor are any Pattaya or Bangkok bar owners. Details on Thais .

Evel

:devil:

Robinson, Tops and Watson are some of the companies. British Tesco owns Tesco Lotus and it's not mentioned any longer on Central Group's homepage but somebody told me that they still are running it, same with Carrefour according to my source.

Thought we were talking about the CP group (which use to be partners in Tesco Lotus) owned by the Chearavanont family not the Central Group owned by the Chirithivat family (which owns the brands you list in Thailand, except Carrefour, which I think the french do themselves).

Is your source confused?

TH

Sure you're right about CP and Central. I just answered about what I knew about Tesco Lotus.

Tesco Lotus is owned by a british group and Carrefour by a french - but they have thais to run if for them and unoffically it's the Central Group.

Archived