LOS trip number four...

Snowman71

...just fully booked and paid for !

April 11th til April 23rd. Fuck me, it feels SO good to know I'm on my way back again. And only 30 days away too !

And yes...I'm still *with* the same girl. But no...I haven't sent her a penny nor been asked. Part of me wants to break free and go crazy again but I genuinely enjoy being with Miss X and until that changes why fix it, eh ?

Right...just need to lose about a stone as I've been warned about being poompuy !

Snowman71...

Ah yes, Trip 4: that would be October 1996, passing through Thailand on the way from India to catch a flight back to the US from Singapore (it's on the way, pretty much!). Fell for Lin, a gogo dancer in Patpong, stayed at the Nana Hotel for the first and last time, and there was one night passed out under a bus stop bench somewhere between Patpong and Khao Sarn... A good trip, all told, if a little hazy with booze (I was 23 and stupid, unlike now, when I'm 34 and stupid...). Best wishes for your fourth, snowman -

Anyone else out there can remember their fourth?

:beer: YimSiam

Yep.... very well.

Fourth was the first one by myself and purely in terms of sanuk. (First one was a work trip, second was with my then farang girl friend, third with... gulp... parents...)

Found a place called Nana Plaza... went into the first bar that looked "non-seedy" (Pharoes) and some girl started talking to me. After 10 minutes and 3 lady drinks she said "you want pay bar me?" I said "what you mean?" She said: "Bar fine."

I replied: "what's a barfine?"

The rest... as they say... is history!

Now, same same you, YimSiam... I am 34 and still stupid! But loving it!

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone else out there can remember their fourth?

:beer: YimSiam

Trip 1 was 1988, Trips 2,3,4 and 5 were 1989, I was woking in South Korea at the time and came to Thailand for R n R rather than fly back to the UK.

Trips 6-9 were 1990-91 whilst working in Japan and trip 10 was when I landed a job here. I have lost count of how many times I have been in and out since then but it must be getting close to 100 times now.

Not quite 34 anymore unless I am numerically dyslexic (I am 43) and I now tend to restrict my stupidness to the nights when I don't have work the following day.

Archived