Wet suit/Gear...

Old Hippie

I see most of the wet suits for sale here are made in Thailand, as is some of the other gear, hence, I am thinking it might be cheaper to buy in Thailand...any ideas if/where custom made wet suits are available in Thailand? I am looking for 7mm or so for Northern California water. Also looking for a BC and anything else that is maybe cheaper there.

>any ideas if/where custom made wet suits are available in Thailand? I am looking for 7mm or so for Northern California water. Also looking for a BC and anything else that is maybe cheaper there.

Hmm. Wet suits, yeah, maybe. One of my friends was quoted 4500 to 6500 for a custom made 3mm depending upon style(small person mind). I just picked up a nice new scubapro 3mm wet suit for 6500 (off the shelf), but that was in a sale (original 12K). Problem maybe for you is getting 7mm. Can ask if you want.

As for other dive gear (BCD's) etc, not sure there. Its my impression mst of the stuff is imported, and as such carries improt duty. Mares vector is currently available for about 8K for example (if you know where!). Singapore in general is better for dive equipment.

-j-

OH,

There's wet suit factories in PTY, worthwhile giving it a google. I don't think getting 7mm may be such a problem, but I'm not 100% sure.

About equipment, JI may be right there.

If you're in town from 27th to 29th April, Adex at BITEC is in BKK, a big dive show with open doors on 28th and 29th, sure you can pick up some good deals there.

24-27 May Thailand travel and dive expo 2007 at Queen Sirikit convention centre. More directed at the local Thai market, probably better deals to be had.

Josh,

Yes if you can inquire about 7mm suits, that would be appreciated. One option I have is an off the rack suit, then have it refit at a shop down in Santa Cruz.

Limbo,

I will be in town for the May event, So I'll check it out. If you have any recomendations for a custom suit in PTY (Factory name, ) let me know. Thanks again to you both.

Archived