What do you buy in Thailand (and bring home)?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattaya,

Just out of interest by fishermans candies do you mean Fishermens Friend Cough candies.I ask because if you do I have a strong connection withh the Fishermans Friend

Company owners and am very suprised these candies are not available in US.

Cheers Hall

quote:

Originally posted by hall:

Pattaya,

Just out of interest by fishermans candies do you mean Fishermens Friend Cough candies.I ask because if you do I have a strong connection withh the Fishermans Friend

Company owners and am very suprised these candies are not available in US.

Cheers Hall

Yes! I did find them here, but in metal boxes where i can't know which types they are. I only like the brown ones, the only ones efficient to refresh your breath after a night of smoking and drinking. Maybe, i have not looked enough, but i have not seen these little white packs in SF, and also, now it's become a routine to stock them up from LOS. Just think that was the first thing on my mind when i read the question....

Pattaya,

FF,s are sold at Walmart,Walgreen,Rite-aid,CVS,Echerd,American Drug,Albertson,Safeway,Fred Meyer,Giant Foods, Meijers,Target,Bi Lo,Ralphs,Marcs,Jewel-Oslo and over 23,000 sites in USA. Happy hunting or should that be sucking!!!!

If you can't find the little brown ones in the white pack let me know and I'll see what gives as FF have one of the most agresssive marketing teams I know and will surely want to satisfy a customer!

Cheers Hall

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: hall ]

Bananas (kluai)

Pineapple (saparod)

Mangos (ma-muang)

Mangosteen (Mang-khud)

Garlic (krathiam)

Fresh and dried Mouseshit peppers (Phrik haeng)(freeze the fresh ones immediately, last time I bought one kilo and around 30 friends where coughing.....or had dripping noses)

Si Racha sauce

Tom Yam paste

Seems all to be food related....should post answer in food section?

The problem with tailor made suits and shirts is to find a good shop offering good quality for a good price. Lots of rubbish for 100 usd you get 3 suits and this and that...

For T-shirts find MBK to be best place. Any thoughts for better?

BTW, offtrack markets can be cheap places to find nice stuff.

Archived