What do you buy in Thailand (and bring home)?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by thalenoi:

Bananas (kluai)

Pineapple (saparod)

Mangos (ma-muang)

Mangosteen (Mang-khud)

Garlic (krathiam)

Fresh and dried Mouseshit peppers (Phrik haeng)(freeze the fresh ones immediately, last time I bought one kilo and around 30 friends where coughing.....or had dripping noses)

Si Racha sauce

Tom Yam paste

Seems all to be food related....should post answer in food section?

The problem with tailor made suits and shirts is to find a good shop offering good quality for a good price. Lots of rubbish for 100 usd you get 3 suits and this and that...

For T-shirts find MBK to be best place. Any thoughts for better?

BTW, offtrack markets can be cheap places to find nice stuff.

Most of this would not make it through Canada customs either. I can't blame you for wanting to bring home the pinaple though, I'd never try eating the ones we get here anymore.

A lot of people seem to have good luck in bringing back Cury pastes (usually dry powdered stuff not the good wet stuff).

But the Tom Yam paste and the Sri Racha hot sauce are available in most Asian grocer's here.

Personally I would love to bring back a large sandstone Budha.

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: Pom_Jao_Choo ]

Pineapple: I am sure I see it in the airport

( shops in boarding areas, all sanitized/package for taking home, no customs hassell. ( never bought any though, so maybe it is just bs they tell you to sell stuf)

as to what I buy in los, I get lots of what I like, but I only have the smile ( or grin from what my thoughts are at the time) from it to take back.

quote:

Originally posted by pasathai:

Pineapple: I am sure I see it in the airport

( shops in boarding areas, all sanitized/package for taking home, no customs hassell. ( never bought any though, so maybe it is just bs they tell you to sell stuf)

as to what I buy in los, I get lots of what I like, but I only have the smile ( or grin from what my thoughts are at the time) from it to take back.

I've brought back 2 small square ones np

O.K , I am going to give it a go! I will start small with just the 2 small pinapples , as suggested , smuggled deftly up my asshole.

I will report back on success or failure, with the state of airport security at the moment it could be a bit prickly! smile.gif" border="0

G'Day Pattaya 127,

You will never have to buy Fishermens Friends in LOS again!! Original Extra Strong (brown) are available in San Francisco at Safeway 38 ct boxes $1.99,Albertsons 38ct boxes $1.99,Longs Drug 40ct bags $2.19,Rite Aid 40ct bags $2.49 and Walgreens 20ct packets $1.69.

Now you'll have luggage space for a b/g instead!!!

Cheers Hall

Archived